Looking Forward Towards the ERM II Central Parity: The Case of Poland
AbstractThis paper addresses issues related to the choice of the central parity for Poland’s prospective ERM II membership. It discusses the relevance of different concepts of equilibrium exchange rate in the determination of the central parity and, on the basis of recent studies, it provides a tentative assessment of the equilibrium exchange rate of the Polish zloty. Risks resulting from a potential exchange rate misalignment are also analysed. Finally, in the context of the choice of the central parity, the paper gives insights into developments in the Polish labour market and factors behind the persistently high unemployment rate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by CEPII research center in its journal Economie Internationale.
Volume (Year): (2005)
Issue (Month): 102 ()
exchange rate; euro area; labor market; zloty; ERM II; Poland;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jovanovic, Branimir, 2007. "Calculating the Fundamental Equilibrium Exchange Rate of the Macedonian Denar," MPRA Paper 43161, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jakub Borowski & Michal Brzoza-Brzezina, 2004.
"Designing Poland's Macroeconomic Strategy on the Way to the Euro Area,"
EUI-RSCAS Working Papers
10, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Jakub Borowski & Michal Brzoza- Brzezina, 2004. "Designing Poland’s Macroeconomic Strategy on the Way to the Euro Area," Macroeconomics 0404015, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.