Socio-économie de proximité
AbstractIn 1993, Revue d?Economie Régionale et Urbaine published a special issue on Proximity Dynamics in which several scholars proposed a first distinctive approach between geographical proximity and organized proximity to provide clearer explanations on the spatial dimension of economic activities. The aim of this paper is to suggest a new typology based on the latest development of sociological economy. First, our analysis is based on drawing a distinction between spatial and socioeconomic proximity. Secondly, we have divided the socioeconomic proximity into two sub-categories, focusing on resource-based proximity and then on coordination proximity which include relational proximity (social networks dimension) and mediation proximity (institutional dimension). Finally, we will highlight the interrelations between these forms of proximity and the key-role played by the embeddedness and decoupling processes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Armand Colin in its journal Revue d’Économie Régionale & Urbaine.
Volume (Year): octobre (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-regionale-et-urbaine.htm
proximity; coordination; social networks;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Damien TALBOT (GREThA, CNRS, UMR 5113), 2011. "Institutions, organizations and space: forms of proximity (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2011-06, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Sylvain Amisse & Paul Muller & Caroline Hussler & Patrick RondÃ©, 2011. "Do birds of a feather flock together? Proximities and inter-clusters network," ERSA conference papers ersa11p1896, European Regional Science Association.
- Rachel LEVY (LEREPS) & Damien TALBOT (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2010. "Control by proximity: evidence from Aerospace Valley competitiveness cluster (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2010-08, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Abdirahman, Zam-Zam & Sauvee, Loic, 2012. "The Implementation of a Quality Management Standard in a Food SME: A Network Learning Perspective," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 3(3).
- Marius Chevallier & Julien Dellier & Gaël Plumecocq & Frédéric Richard, 2013. "Dynamiques et structuration des circuits courts agroalimentaires en Limousin : distance institutionnelle, proximités spatiale et relationnelle," Working Papers hal-00921140, HAL.
- Maris CORIS (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Vincent FRIGANT (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Jean-Bernard LAYAN (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113) & Damien TALBOT (GREThA UMR CNRS 5113), 2009. "Spatial dynamics of firms (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA 2009-20, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Ron Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2013. "Proximity and Innovation: From Statics to Dynamics," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1314, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Aug 2013.
- Persillet, Vanessa & Shonkwiler, J. Scott, 2013. "Determinants of Firm Relocation—A Study of Agro-Food Processors," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149014, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Determinants of firm relocation. A study of agro-food processors & Vanessa Persillet Author-X-Name- First: Vanessa Author-X-Name- Last: Persillet & John Scott Shonkwiler, 2013. "Determinants of firm relocation. A study of agro-food processors," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 201308, INRA UMR SMART.
- Bastien Bernela & Olivier Bouba-Olga, 2013. "Le recrutement des universitaires français : de la question du localisme à celle de l'inertie spatiale," Working Papers hal-00821075, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.