Une approche territoriale du développement industriel : la microélectronique dans l'Aire Métropolitaine Marseillaise
AbstractAfter a long period of building, the microelectronics cluster in the Marseilles Metropolitan Area appears to have reached a critical size and investment dynamics capable to ensure its durability. In this paper we aim to enlighten such an assumption by analysing the nature of the process that led to the present situation. We shall study the modalities of actors local co-ordination, while they are dependent of industry and markets global constraints. This will enable us to understand how such local co-ordinations can provide or not the ground of a territorial anchorage. Classification JEL : L23, L63, O18, R3, R58.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Armand Colin in its journal Revue d’Économie Régionale & Urbaine.
Volume (Year): février (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-regionale-et-urbaine.htm
territory; industrial development; microelectronics; territorial anchorage; public policy; governance;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- L63 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Microelectronics; Computers; Communications Equipment
- O18 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R3 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacques Garnier & Jean-Benoît Zimmermann, 2004.
"L'aire métropolitaine marseillaise et les territoires de l'industrie,"
- Jacques Garnier & Jean-Benoît Zimmermann, 2006. "L'Aire Métropolitaine Marseillaise et les territoires de l'industrie," Géographie, économie, société, Lavoisier, vol. 8(2), pages 215-238.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.