La modélisation collective de l'offre de travail. Mise en perspective et application aux données britanniques
AbstractThis paper estimates a collective model of labour supply on two-earner British couples (bhps ). The results are as follows:?There is no « income pooling ». Women? labour supply depends on which of the partners receives income support.?Collective restrictions seem to fit better on British than French data.?The sex ratio, which is the usual distribution factor, does not seem to play a role in the negotiation process. This result leads us to question the relevance of the sex ratio as a measure of the external opportunities for remarriage.Classification JEL : D10, J22.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Presses de Sciences-Po in its journal Revue économique.
Volume (Year): 55 (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-economique.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Donni, Olivier, 2005.
"Labor Supply, Home Production and Welfare Comparisons,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1511, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Donni, Olivier, 2008. "Labor supply, home production, and welfare comparisons," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(7), pages 1720-1737, July.
- Olivier Donni, 2004. "Labor Supply, Home Production and Welfare Comparisons," Cahiers de recherche 0427, CIRPEE.
- Olivier Donni & Nicolas Moreau, 2005.
"Collective Labor Supply: a Single-Equation Model and Some Evidence from French Data,"
Cahiers de recherche
- Olivier Donni & Nicolas Moreau, 2007. "Collective Labor Supply: A Single-Equation Model and Some Evidence from French Data," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 42(1).
- Carole Brunet & Nathalie Havet, 2011.
"Homeownership and job-match quality in France,"
- Natalia Radtchenko, 2009. "Identifying Intra-household Welfare Distribution," Documents de recherche 09-04, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.