Quel futur pour l'industrie boursière ? Analyse d'un processus de transformation
AbstractThe transformation of world?s main stock markets into enterprises acting in a competitive environment is in progress and its consequences are not all known. Three strategies are competing with each other: vertical integration of exchange and CSD; horizontal growth of the market share to an oligopoly overcame by large globalized exchanges; vertical control of exchange by large financial institutions. The aim of this paper is to set analysis foundations of financial strategies. It suggests an analysis of sustainability of the previous evolutions and sketches a prospective for the stock market industry. JEL codes: D43, G20, L11, L12, L13, L25, L41, L42, L43
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by De Boeck Université in its journal Innovations.
Volume (Year): n° 30 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-innovations.ht
stock market; financial markets; strategic management; competition; industrial organization;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- L12 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Monopoly; Monopolization Strategies
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
- L42 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Vertical Restraints; Resale Price Maintenance; Quantity Discounts
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.