A Closed Form Solution to the Ramsey Model
AbstractThis paper derives a closed form solution for the Ramsey model with CRRA utility and Cobb-Douglas technology, for the case where capital's share is equal to the reciprocal of the intertemporal elasticity of substitution. The solution sheds light on the dynamics of the model and provides an exact expression for the speed of convergence.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by De Gruyter in its journal The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics.
Volume (Year): 6 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.degruyter.com
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- OA. Carboni & P. Russu, 2012.
"A Model of Economic Growth with Public Finance: Dynamics and Analytic Solution,"
Working Paper CRENoS
201229, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Oliviero A. Carboni & Paolo Russu, 2013. "A Model of Economic Growth with Public Finance: Dynamics and Analytic Solution," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(1), pages 1-13.
- Chilarescu, Constantin, 2008. "An analytical solutions for a model of endogenous growth," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1175-1182, November.
- Posch, Olaf, 2009.
"Structural estimation of jump-diffusion processes in macroeconomics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 196-210, December.
- Olaf Posch, 2007. "Structural estimation of jump-diffusion processes in macroeconomics," CREATES Research Papers 2007-23, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Becker, Daniel Thomas, 2008. "A technical note on comparative dynamics in a fiscal competition model," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 83, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Marsiglio, Simone & La Torre, Davide, 2012. "Population dynamics and utilitarian criteria in the Lucas–Uzawa Model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1197-1204.
- Chilarescu, Constantin, 2009. "A closed-form solution to the transitional dynamics of the Lucas-Uzawa model," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 135-138, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.