Deforestation and the Environmental Kuznets Curve: A Cross-National Investigation of Intervening Mechanisms
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Southwestern Social Science Association in its journal Social Science Quarterly.
Volume (Year): 83 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0038-4941
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Phetkeo Poumanyvong & Shinji Kaneko & Shobhakar Dhakal, 2012. "Impacts of urbanization on national residential energy use and CO2 emissions: Evidence from low-, middle- and high-income countries," IDEC DP2 Series 2-5, Hiroshima University, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC).
- Asici, Ahmet Atıl, 2011. "Economic growth and its impact on environment: A panel data analysis," MPRA Paper 30238, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mostafa, Mohamed M. & Nataraajan, Rajan, 2009. "A neuro-computational intelligence analysis of the ecological footprint of nations," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(9), pages 3516-3531, July.
- Meilanie Buitenzorgy & Arthur P. J. Mol, 2011. "Does Democracy Lead to a Better Environment? Deforestation and the Democratic Transition Peak," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(1), pages 59-70, January.
- Mills, Julianne H. & Waite, Thomas A., 2009. "Economic prosperity, biodiversity conservation, and the environmental Kuznets curve," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2087-2095, May.
- Arno Tausch & Almas Heshmati, 2012.
"Migration, Openness and the Global Preconditions of "Smart Development","
Bogazici Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences,
Bogazici University, Department of Economics, vol. 26(2), pages 1-62.
- Tausch, Arno & Heshmati, Almas, 2011. "Migration, Openness and the Global Preconditions of 'Smart Development'," IZA Discussion Papers 6169, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Köthke, Margret & Leischner, Bettina & Elsasser, Peter, 2013. "Uniform global deforestation patterns — An empirical analysis," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 23-37.
- Zsofia Benedek & Imre Ferto, 2013. "Development and application of a new Forestation Index: global forestation patterns and drivers," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1326, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Zhu, Hui-Ming & You, Wan-Hai & Zeng, Zhao-fa, 2012. "Urbanization and CO2 emissions: A semi-parametric panel data analysis," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 848-850.
- Hersel, Philipp, 2005. "Das internationale Finanzsystem: Katalysator der Inwertsetzung, Zerstörung und Umverteilung der natürlichen Ressourcen des Südens," Wuppertal Papers 153, Wuppertal Institute for Climate, Environment and Energy.
- Oparinde, Adewale, 2010. "Investigating the relationship between income, health and biomass consumption: a panel data analysis," MPRA Paper 39305, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bahadur K.C., Krishna, 2011. "Linking physical, economic and institutional constraints of land use change and forest conservation in the hills of Nepal," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(8), pages 603-613, October.
- Yandle, B. & Bhattarai, M. & Vijayaraghavan, M., 2004. "Environmental Kuznets Curves: a review of findings, methods, and policy implications. PERC Research study 02-1 update," IWMI Research Reports H044740, International Water Management Institute.
- York, Richard & Rosa, Eugene A. & Dietz, Thomas, 2003. "STIRPAT, IPAT and ImPACT: analytic tools for unpacking the driving forces of environmental impacts," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 351-365, October.
- Ghimire, Narishwar & Woodward, Richard T., 2013. "Under- and over-use of pesticides: An international analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 73-81.
- Minetos, Dionysios & Polyzos, Serafeim, 2010. "Deforestation processes in Greece: A spatial analysis by using an ordinal regression model," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 457-472, July.
- Arno Tausch & Almas Heshmati, 2013. "Worker remittances and the global preconditions of ‘smart development’," Society and Economy, Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 35(1), pages 25-50, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.