Scale Economies in Small Entrepreneurial Firms
AbstractFor a sample of small, entrepreneurial firms, subjective cost curve estimates are obtained by field work methods using an administered questionnaire and "show cards." They indicate the prevalence of static, short-run increasing returns up to maximal output for a wide range of products in manufactures, services, construction, and transport. The dynamic scale effect, measured over a three-year period, is less clear and suggests a slight average tendency to dynamic increasing returns. Finally, cross-section econometric estimates of production functions, with no restriction imposed on the degree of homogeneity, suggest a long-run tendency to decreasing returns. Copyright 1992 by Scottish Economic Society.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Scottish Economic Society in its journal Scottish Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 39 (1992)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0036-9292
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reid, Gavin C & Xu, Zhibin, 2009.
"Entrepreneurial Orientation, Intangible Assets and Firm Growth: the impact of ‘Spirit and Material’ on the growth of Chinese private firms,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2009-32, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Gavin C. Reid & Zhibin Xu, 2009. "Entrepreneurial Orientation, Intangible Assets and Firm Growth: the impact of ‘Spirit and Material’ on the growth of Chinese private firms," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 0907, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Gavin C Reid, 1997. "The Development and Survival of New Small Businesses: Empirical Evidence for Scotland 1994-97," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 9712, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Gavin C Reid, 1997. "Dynamics of Small Business Financial Structure," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 9722, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.