European Nominal and Real Convergence: Joint Process or Rival Dynamics?
AbstractRecent empirical studies have revealed that the convergence speeds of nominal and real variables are fairly different. This paper studies the temporal evolution of the mutual influence between the convergences of a nominal and of a real variable. It refers first to sigma-convergence analysis. In order to compare nominal and real paths, the evolutions of the cross-sectional variances of the two variables are connected. Then, nominal and real convergence processes are studied, as reciprocally conditioned within the same system. Nominal and real convergence were negatively correlated in the 1980s, while the 1990s have been characterized by a simultaneous convergence movement. Copyright 1997 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Review of International Economics.
Volume (Year): 5 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (Supplement)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0965-7576
Other versions of this item:
- Carre, M, 1996. "European Nominal and Real Convergences : Joint Process or Rival Dynamics?," Papiers d'Economie MathÃÂ©matique et Applications 96.98, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- López Martínez, I., 2001. "Convergencia nominal y convergencia real de España y Portugal con la Unión Europea (1986-1999)1," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 19, pages 49-68, Diciembre.
- Dobrinsky, Rumen, 2006. "Catch-up inflation and nominal convergence: The balancing act for new EU entrants," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 424-442, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.