Cointegration in Small Samples: Empirical Percentiles, Drifting Moments and Customized Testing
AbstractEmpirical distributions of the studentized Augmented Dicky-Fuller cointegration statistic for data generated by simulation are analyzed for small samples. Empirical 1 percent, 5 percent and 10 percent fractiles are tabulated for various sample sizes and various numbers of regressors. It is found that means, standard deviation, moment coefficients of skewness and moment coefficients of kurtosis can be approximated by a function of an inverse of the sample size. A more precise technique of testing cointegration in small samples is suggested, which requires formulating a separate simulation model for generating critical values of a cointegration for particular empirical models. This is exemplified by testing cointegration in a model describing the black market foreign exchange rate for Poland. Copyright 1990 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Oxford in its journal Oxford Bulletin of Economics & Statistics.
Volume (Year): 52 (1990)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manor Rd. Building, Oxford, OX1 3UQ
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0305-9049
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Byung Yeon Kim, .
"Soviet Household Saving Function,"
Ace Project Memoranda
96/14, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Bruno Caprettini, 2008. "Finance and the Diffusion of Digital Technologies," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 98(6), pages 79-122, November-.
- Mark A. Hooker, 1997. "Misspecification versus bubbles in hyperinflation data: Monte Carlo and interwar European evidence," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-49, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hooker, Mark A., 2000. "Misspecification versus bubbles in hyperinflation data: Monte Carlo and interwar European evidence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 583-600, August.
- Alberto Bagnai & Silvia Galli & Eleonora Pierucci & Simone Raimondi, 2004. "Narrowing the US twin deficits: simulations with a world macroeconometric model," International Trade 0411004, EconWPA.
- Rajendra Prasad Shrestha Ph. D., 2008. "Private Savings Behaviour in Nepal: Long-term Determinants and Short-run Dynamics," NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department, vol. 20, pages 16-31, April.
- Bagnai, Alberto & Carlucci, Francesco, 2003. "An aggregate model for the European Union," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 623-649, May.
- Kari Takala & Pekka Pere, 1991. "Testing the cointegration of house and stock prices in Finland," Finnish Economic Papers, Finnish Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 33-51, Spring.
- Podivinsky, Jan M., 1998. "Testing misspecified cointegrating relationships," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 1-9, July.
- Nyoni, Timothy S., 1998. "Foreign Aid and Economic Performance in Tanzania," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1235-1240, July.
- Yves Bourdet & Hans Falck, 2006. "Emigrants' remittances and Dutch Disease in Cape Verde," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 267-284.
- Kevin Cullinane & Dong-Wook Song, 2003. "A stochastic frontier model of the productive efficiency of Korean container terminals," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 251-267.
- Haug, Alfred A., 1996.
"Tests for cointegration a Monte Carlo comparison,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(1-2), pages 89-115.
- Otieno, Zipora Awuor, 2008. "Agricultural Growth, Rural Poverty and Hunger In Africa," 2007 Second International Conference, August 20-22, 2007, Accra, Ghana 52179, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Daniela De Angelis & Stefano Fachin & G. Alastair Young, 1997. "Bootstrapping unit root tests," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(9), pages 1155-1161.
- Yusuf, Sina A. & Yusuf, W.A., 2008. "Determinants of Selected Agricultural Export Crops in Nigeria: An Ecm Approach," 2007 Second International Conference, August 20-22, 2007, Accra, Ghana 52181, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.