From Discrete- to Continuous-Time Finance: Weak Convergence of the Financial Gain Process
AbstractConditions suitable for applications in finance are given for the weak convergence (or convergence in probability) of stochastic integrals. For example, consider a sequence "S-super-n" of security price processes converging in distribution to "S" and a sequence θ-super-n of trading strategies converging in distribution to "θ". We survey conditions under which the financial gain process "θ-super-n dS-super-n" converges in distribution to "θ dS." Examples include convergence from discrete- to continuous-time settings and, in particular, generalizations of the convergence of binomial option replication models to the Black-Scholes model. Counterexamples are also provided. Copyright 1992 Blackwell Publishers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Mathematical Finance.
Volume (Year): 2 (1992)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0960-1627
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcel Rindisbacher & Jérôme Detemple & René Garcia, 2004.
"Asymptotic Properties of Monte Carlo Estimators of Diffusion Processes,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings
483, Econometric Society.
- Detemple, Jerome & Garcia, Rene & Rindisbacher, Marcel, 2006. "Asymptotic properties of Monte Carlo estimators of diffusion processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 1-68, September.
- Jérôme B. Detemple & René Garcia & Marcel Rindisbacher, 2003. "Asymptotic Properties of Monte Carlo Estimators of Diffusion Processes," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-11, CIRANO.
- Yan Dolinsky & Halil Soner, 2013. "Duality and convergence for binomial markets with friction," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 17(3), pages 447-475, July.
- Zhao, Guoqing, 2009. "Lenglart domination inequalities for g-expectations," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(22), pages 2338-2342, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.