Laguerre Series for Asian and Other Options
AbstractThis paper has four goals: (a) relate ladder height distributions to option values; (b) show how Laguerre expansions may be used in the computation of densities, distribution functions, and option prices; (c) derive some new results on the integral of geometric Brownian motion over a finite interval; and (d) apply the preceding results to the determination of the distribution of the integral of geometric Brownian motion and the computation of Asian option values. The usual fixed-strike options on the average are treated, as well as options with payoffs expressed in terms of one over the average of the underlying security, which this author calls "reciprocal Asian options." In all cases the underlying asset is represented by geometric Brownian motion, the averages are performed continuously, and the options are of European type. Copyright Blackwell Publishers, Inc..
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Mathematical Finance.
Volume (Year): 10 (2000)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0960-1627
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manuel Moreno & Javier F. Navas, 2003.
"Australian Asian options,"
Economics Working Papers
680, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Angelos Dassios & Jayalaxshmi Nagaradjasarma, 2006. "The square-root process and Asian options," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2851, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dai, Min & Li, Peifan & Zhang, Jin E., 2010. "A lattice algorithm for pricing moving average barrier options," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 542-554, March.
- Boyle, Phelim & Potapchik, Alexander, 2008. "Prices and sensitivities of Asian options: A survey," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 189-211, February.
- Emmanuel Jurczenko & Bertrand Maillet & Bogdan Negrea, 2002. "Revisited multi-moment approximate option pricing models: a general comparison (Part 1)," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24950, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.