Uncovered Interest Parity Hypothesis for Major Currencies
AbstractThe objectives of this paper are to examine the nominal uncovered interest parity hypothesis for three major currencies against the U.S. dollar using the monthly data for the period 1974-89. Forward-looking expectations, interest rate differentials, and risk premia variables are used to test the uncovered interest parity proposition. Two measures of risk premia variables are attempted. The authors' conclusion is that rational expectations of exchange rates dominate the interest differential even when risk premia are considered in an uncovered interest parity equation. Copyright 1994 by Blackwell Publishers Ltd and The Victoria University of Manchester
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Manchester in its journal The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies.
Volume (Year): 62 (1994)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Manchester M13 9PL
Phone: (0)161 275 4868
Fax: (0)161 275 4812
Web page: http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/disciplines/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Karfakis, C.I. & Parikh, A., 1993. "Uncovered Interest Parity Hypothesis for Major Currencies," Working Papers 186, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arusha Cooray, 2003. "Financial integration: some evidence from Australia," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(15), pages 959-966.
- Ashok Parikh, 1994. "Tests of real interest parity in international currency markets," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 59(2), pages 167-191, June.
- Barabás, Gyula, 1996.
"Kamatparitás lebegő és csúszó leértékeléses árfolyamrendszerben
[Interest parity in floating and in crawling-peg foreign exchange rate régimes]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(11), pages 972-994.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.