Modelling and smoothing parameter estimation with multiple quadratic penalties
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Royal Statistical Society in its journal Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series B (Methodological).
Volume (Year): 62 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 12 Errol Street, London EC1Y 8LX, United Kingdom
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1369-7412
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Greiner, Alfred & Kauermann, Goran, 2007. "Sustainability of US public debt: Estimating smoothing spline regressions," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 350-364, March.
- Kari Hämäläinen & Juha Tuomala, 2007. "Vocational Labour Market Training in Promoting Youth Employment," Discussion Papers 432, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Roberto Basile, 2007. "Productivity polarization across regions in Europe," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 31/2007, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica.
- Paciorek, Christopher J., 2007. "Computational techniques for spatial logistic regression with large data sets," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 3631-3653, May.
- Avalos, Marta & Grandvalet, Yves & Ambroise, Christophe, 2007. "Parsimonious additive models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 2851-2870, March.
- Costa, M.J. & Shaw, J.E.H., 2009. "Parametrization and penalties in spline models with an application to survival analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 657-670, January.
- Belitz, Christiane & Lang, Stefan, 2008. "Simultaneous selection of variables and smoothing parameters in structured additive regression models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 61-81, September.
- Peter Flaschel & Göran Kauermann & Willi Semmler, 2007. "Testing Wage And Price Phillips Curves For The United States," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(4), pages 550-581, November.
- Baccini, Michela & Biggeri, Annibale & Lagazio, Corrado & Lertxundi, Aitana & Saez, Marc, 2007. "Parametric and semi-parametric approaches in the analysis of short-term effects of air pollution on health," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(9), pages 4324-4336, May.
- Coussement, Kristof & Buckinx, Wouter, 2011. "A probability-mapping algorithm for calibrating the posterior probabilities: A direct marketing application," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(3), pages 732-738, November.
- Brezger, Andreas & Lang, Stefan, 2006. "Generalized structured additive regression based on Bayesian P-splines," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 967-991, February.
- Eva Cantoni & Joanna Mills Flemming & Elvezio Ronchetti, 2006. "Variable Selection in Additive Models by Nonnegative Garrote," Research Papers by the Department of Economics, University of Geneva 2006.02, Département des Sciences Économiques, Université de Genève.
- Greiner, Alfred & Kauermann, Göran, 2008. "Debt policy in euro area countries: Evidence for Germany and Italy using penalized spline smoothing," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1144-1154, November.
- Florackis, Chrisostomos & Kostakis, Alexandros & Ozkan, Aydin, 2009. "Managerial ownership and performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(12), pages 1350-1357, December.
- Turlach, Berwin A., 2006. "An even faster algorithm for ridge regression of reduced rank data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 642-658, February.
- Nadja Klein & Michel Denuit & Stefan Lang & Thomas Kneib, 2013. "Nonlife Ratemaking and Risk Management with Bayesian Additive Models for Location, Scale and Shape," Working Papers 2013-24, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Zwane, E. N. & van der Heijden, P. G. M., 2004. "Semiparametric models for capture-recapture studies with covariates," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(4), pages 729-743, November.
- Mazzanti, M. & Musolesi, A., 2013. "Nonlinearity, heterogeneity and unobserved effects in the carbon dioxide emissions-economic development relation for advanced countries," Working Papers 2013-08, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Rüdiger Krause & Gerhard Tutz, 2006. "Genetic algorithms for the selection of smoothing parameters in additive models," Computational Statistics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 9-31, March.
- Strasak, Alexander M. & Umlauf, Nikolaus & Pfeiffer, Ruth M. & Lang, Stefan, 2011. "Comparing penalized splines and fractional polynomials for flexible modelling of the effects of continuous predictor variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 1540-1551, April.
- Tainsky, Scott & Mills, Brian & Winfree, Jason A., 2012. "Further Examination of Potential Discrimination Among MLB Umpires," MPRA Paper 43234, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Denuit, Michel & Lang, Stefan, 2004. "Non-life rate-making with Bayesian GAMs," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 627-647, December.
- Liv Osland & Inge Thorsen, 2006. "Testing for the Impact of Local Labour Market Characteristics on House Prices," ERSA conference papers ersa06p490, European Regional Science Association.
- Michael Berlemann & Soeren Enkelmann & Torben Kuhlenkasper, 2013. "Unraveling the Relationship between Presidential Approval and the Economy - A Multi-Dimensional Semi-Parametric Approach," Working Paper Series in Economics 273, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Bose, Niloy & Murshid, Antu Panini & Wurm, Martin A., 2012. "The Growth Effects of Property Rights: The Role of Finance," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1784-1797.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.