An Examination of Collaboration and Knowledge Transfer: China-Singapore Suzhou Industrial Park
AbstractThis paper examines alliance knowledge transfer using a case study of the China-Singapore Suzhou Industrial Park (SIP), an alliance involving the Chinese and Singaporean governments, their agencies, and various private sector organizations. The objective is to extend existing knowledge in the alliance learning area and provide deeper understanding of some process-oriented aspects of alliance learning performance. We found that tacit knowledge was particularly difficult to transfer and that issues involving collaborative interactions between the partners both facilitated and impeded knowledge transfer. We also found that competitive learning occurred, which impacted the partner relationship and knowledge transfer. Copyright Blackwell Publishing Ltd 2006.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 43 (2006)
Issue (Month): 4 (06)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2380
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liu, Chia-Ling (Eunice) & Ghauri, Pervez N. & Sinkovics, Rudolf R., 2010. "Understanding the impact of relational capital and organizational learning on alliance outcomes," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 237-249, July.
- Kuhne, Bianka & Cochez, Carl & Gellynck, Xavier, 2011. "Network Experiences Lead to the Adaption of a Firm’s Network Competence," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 2(2).
- Park, Byung Il, 2011. "Knowledge transfer capacity of multinational enterprises and technology acquisition in international joint ventures," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 75-87, February.
- Jonathan R. Clark & Robert S. Huckman & Bradley R. Staats, 2013. "Learning from Customers: Individual and Organizational Effects in Outsourced Radiological Services," NBER Working Papers 18723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Annette Schminke & Johannes Van Biesebroeck, 2013.
"Using export market performance to evaluate regional preferential policies in China,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 149(2), pages 343-367, June.
- Annette SCHMINKE & Johannes VAN BIESEBROECK, 2011. "Using export market performance to evaluate regional preferential policies in China," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces11.33, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Schminke, Annette & Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, 2011. "Using Export Market Performance to Evaluate Regional Preferential Policies in China," CEPR Discussion Papers 8696, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Park, Byung Il & Ghauri, Pervez N., 2011. "Key factors affecting acquisition of technological capabilities from foreign acquiring firms by small and medium sized local firms," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 116-125, January.
- Sheldon, Peter & Li, Yiqiong, 2013. "Localized poaching and skills shortages of manufacturing employees among MNEs in China," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 186-195.
- Jianjun Yang & Huafang Liu & Shanxing Gao & Yuan Li, 2012. "Technological innovation of firms in China: Past, present, and future," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 819-840, September.
- Freeman, Susan & Hutchings, Kate & Lazaris, Miria & Zyngier, Suzanne, 2010. "A model of rapid knowledge development: The smaller born-global firm," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 70-84, February.
- Meier, Matthias & Weller, Ingo, 2010. "Wissensmanagement und unternehmensinterner Wissenstransfer," Discussion Papers 2010/16, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.