External Sources of Innovative Capabilities: The Preferences for Strategic Alliances or Mergers and Acquisitions
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Management Studies.
Volume (Year): 39 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (03)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-2380
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schön, Benjamin & Pyka, Andreas, 2013. "The success factors of technology-sourcing through mergers & acquisitions: An intuitive meta-analysis," FZID Discussion Papers 78-2013, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Lemmens, Charmianne & Duysters, Geert & Letterie, Wilko & Vanhaverbeke, Wim, 2009.
"The innovative performance of alliance block members: Evidence from the microelectronics industry,"
26418, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Duysters, Geert & Lemmens, Charmianne & Letterie, Wilko & Vanhaverbeke, Wim, 2008. "The Innovative Performance of Alliance Block Members: Evidence from the Microelectronics Industry," UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series 064, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Grundström, Christina & Öberg, Christina & Öhrwall Rönnbäck, Anna, 2012. "Family-owned manufacturing SMEs and innovativeness: A comparison between within-family successions and external takeovers," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 162-173.
- Belderbos, Rene & Faems, Dries & Leten, Bart & Van Looy, Bart, 2009.
"Technological activities and their impact on the financial performance of the firm: Exploitation and exploration within and between firms,"
UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series
067, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Belderbos, Rene & Faems, Dries & Leten, Bart & Van Looy, Bart, 2009. "Technological activities and their impact on the financial performance of the firm: Exploitation and exploration within and between firms," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/252485, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- van de Vrande, Vareska & Vanhaverbeke, Wim & Duysters, Geert, 2009.
"External technology sourcing: The effect of uncertainty on governance mode choice,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 62-80, January.
- Vrande, Vareska van de & Vanhaverbeke, Wim & Duysters, Geert, 2009. "External technology sourcing: the effect of uncertainty on governance mode choice," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-23363, Maastricht University.
- Duysters, Geert & Vanhaverbeke, Wim & Vrande, Vareska van de, 2007. "External technology sourcing: The effect of uncertainty on governance mode choice," UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series 019, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- May, Daniel E. & Tate, Graham J. & Worrall, Leslie, 2011. "Understanding innovation in a dynamic agricultural business environment: a multivariate approach," International Journal of Agricultural Management, Institute of Agricultural Management & International Farm Management Association, vol. 1(1), July.
- A. Lasagni, 2011. "European SMEs, external relationships and innovation: some empirical evidence," Economics Department Working Papers 2011-EP04, Department of Economics, Parma University (Italy).
- Ki H. Kang & Jina Kang, 2009. "Do External Knowledge Sourcing Methods Matter in Service Innovation? Analysis of South Korean Service Firms," TEMEP Discussion Papers 200908, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Aug 2009.
- Wilfried Zidorn & Marcus Wagner, 2012. "Too Much of a Good Thing: The Role of Alliance Portfolio Diversity for Innovation Output in the Biotechnology Industry," DRUID Working Papers 12-10, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Robert Fabac & Markus Schatten & Tomislav Đuričin, 2011. "Social Network Mixing Patterns in Mergers and Acquisitions-A Simulation Experiment," Business Systems Research, Society for Promotion of Business Information Technology (BIT), vol. 2(1), pages 36-44.
- Di Stefano, Giada & Gambardella, Alfonso & Verona, Gianmario, 2012. "Technology push and demand pull perspectives in innovation studies: Current findings and future research directions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(8), pages 1283-1295.
- Marcus Wagner, 2008. "Technology sourcing by large incumbents through acquisition of small firms," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2008-055, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Wim Vanhaverbeke & Victor Gilsing & Bonnie Beerkens & Geert Duysters, 2009.
"The Role of Alliance Network Redundancy in the Creation of Core and Non-core Technologies,"
Journal of Management Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 215-244, 03.
- Vanhaverbeke, W.P.M. & Gilsing, V.A. & Beerkens, B.E. & Duijsters, G.M., 2009. "The role of alliance network redundancy in the creation of core and non-core technologies," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-3295984, Tilburg University.
- Vanhaverbeke, Wim & Gilsing, Victor & Beerkens, Bonnie & Duysters, Geert, 2009. "The role of alliance network redundancy in the creation of core and non-core technologies," Open Access publications from Maastricht University urn:nbn:nl:ui:27-23361, Maastricht University.
- Belderbos, Rene & Gilsing, Victor & Lokshin, Boris, 2009.
"Persistence of and interrelation between horizontal and vertical technology alliances,"
UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series
065, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Belderbos, Rene & Gilsing, Victor & Lokshin, Boris, 2011. "Persistence of, and interrelation between, horizontal and vertical technology alliances," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/327600, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Valérie Moatti & Pierre Dussauge, 2005. "L’influence du mode de développement sur les avantages liés à la taille : une étude empirique dans le secteur de la grande distribution au niveau mondial," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 8(3), pages 145-176, September.
- Woltering-Lamers, Philipp, 2011. "Die sequenzielle Organisationswahl: Kooperationen als Vorstufe von Akquisitionen," Arbeitspapiere 122, Westfälsche Wilhelms-Universität Münster (WWU), Institut für Genossenschaftswesen.
- Grimpe, Christoph, 2005. "Integration and Reorganisation of Industrial R&D: Deficits and Perspectives of Empirical Research," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-88, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Massimo Colombo & Philippe Mustar & Mike Wright, 2010. "Dynamics of Science-based entrepreneurship," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 1-15, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.