GAAP versus The Street: An Empirical Assessment of Two Alternative Definitions of Earnings
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Accounting Research.
Volume (Year): 40 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (03)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-8456
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edward J. Riedl & Suraj Srinivasan, 2007. "Signaling Firm Performance Through Financial Statement Presentation: An Analysis Using Special Items," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-031, Harvard Business School.
- Jeong-Bon Kim & Roland Lipka & Heibatollah Sami, 2012. "Portfolio performance and accounting measures of earnings: an alternative look at usefulness," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 87-107, January.
- Andersson, Patric & Hellman, Niclas, 2004. "The impact of pro forma profits on analyst forecasts: Some experimental evidence," Working Paper Series in Business Administration 2004:5, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Gary Entwistle & Glenn Feltham & Chima Mbagwu, 2006. "Misleading Disclosure of Pro Forma Earnings: An Empirical Examination," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 69(4), pages 355-372, December.
- Gjerde, Øystein & Knivsflå, Kjell Henry & Sættem, Frode, 2008. "The Value-Relevance of Adopting IFRS: Evidence from 145 NGAAP Restatements," Discussion Papers 2008/21, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Ciccone, Stephen J., 2005. "Trends in analyst earnings forecast properties," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-22.
- Elizabeth Demers & Clara Vega, 2008. "Soft information in earnings announcements: news or noise?," International Finance Discussion Papers 951, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Misund, Bård & Asche, Frank & Osmundsen, Petter, 2008. "Industry upheaval and valuation: Empirical evidence from the international oil and gas industry," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 398-424, December.
- Elizabeth Demers & Clara Vega, 2009. "Soft Information in Earnings Announcements: News or Noise?," 2009 Meeting Papers 80, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- M. Shibley Sadique & M. Arifur Rahman, 2013. "Investor reaction to strategic emphasis on earnings numbers: An empirical study," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 7(3), October.
- Susan M. Albring & María T. Cabán-García & Jacqueline L. Reck, 2010. "The value relevance of a non-GAAP performance metric to the capital markets," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(3), pages 264-284, August.
- Beyer, Anne & Cohen, Daniel A. & Lys, Thomas Z. & Walther, Beverly R., 2010. "The financial reporting environment: Review of the recent literature," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 296-343, December.
- Essam Elshafie & Ai-Ru Yen & Minna Yu, 2010. "The association between pro forma earnings and earnings management," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(2), pages 139-155, May.
- Ramnath, Sundaresh & Rock, Steve & Shane, Philip, 2008. "The financial analyst forecasting literature: A taxonomy with suggestions for further research," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 34-75.
- Chih-Jen Huang, 2010. "The joint decision to manage earnings through discretionary accruals and asset sales around insider trading: Taiwan evidence," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 308-325, July.
- Christophe, Stephen E. & Ferri, Michael G. & Hsieh, Jim, 2010. "Informed trading before analyst downgrades: Evidence from short sellers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 85-106, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.