Prices and Concentration in the Food Retailing Industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Journal of Industrial Economics.
Volume (Year): 30 (1981)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0022-1821
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Connor, John M., 1999. "Evolving Research On Price Competition In The Grocery Retailing Industry: An Appraisal," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 28(2), October.
- Schwartz, Lisa A. & Willett, Lois Schertz, 1994. "Price Transmission Theory And Applications To Agroindustry: An Annotated Bibliography," Research Bulletins 123003, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Marion, Bruce W., 1985. "The Structural And Performance Effects Of Retail Mergers," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 16(1), February.
- Cotterill, Ronald W. & Haller, Lawrence E., 1991. "Determinants of Entry: A Study of Leading U.S. Supermarket Chain Entry Patterns," Research Reports 25226, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Davis, David E., 2009. "Price and promotion effects of supermarket mergers," SDSU Working Papers in Progress 12009, South Dakota State University, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2010.
- Volpe, Richard J., III & Lavoie, Nathalie, 2005. "The Effect of Wal-Mart Supercenters on Grocery Prices in New England," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19188, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ville Aalto-Setälä & Jouko Kinnunen & Katri Koistinen, 2004. "Reasons for high food prices in small market areas: The case of the Åland Islands," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 17-29.
- Lars-Hendrik Röller & Johan Stennek & Frank Verboven, 2000.
"Efficiency Gains from Mergers,"
CIG Working Papers
FS IV 00-09, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Bruce Marion, 1998. "Competition in Grocery Retailing: The Impact of a New Strategic Group on BLS Price Increases," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 381-399, August.
- Ding, John Y. & Caswell, Julie A. & Zhou, Furen, 1997.
"Relatedness And Performance: A Reexamination Of The Diversification-Performance Link,"
Journal of Food Distribution Research,
Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 28(1), February.
- Ding, John Y. & Caswell, Julie A., 1993. "Relatedness and Performance: A Reexamination of the Diversification-Performance Link," Working Papers 116116, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Cotterill, Ronald W., 1991. "Food Retailing: Mergers, Leveraged Buyouts, and Performance," Research Reports 25217, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Francisco J. Más & Ricardo Sellers, 2006. "Technical Efficiency In The Retail Food Industry: The Influence Of Inventory Investment, Wage Levels, And Age Of The Firm," Working Papers. Serie EC 2006-15, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Lambert, David K. & Miljkovic, Dragan, 2010. "The sources of variability in U.S. food prices," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 210-222, March.
- Binkley, James K. & Connor, John M., 1996. "Market Competition And Metropolitan-Area Grocery Prices," Working Papers 25988, Regional Research Project NE-165 Private Strategies, Public Policies, and Food System Performance.
- Johan F.M. Swinnen & Anneleen Vandeplas, 2010.
"Market power and rents in global supply chains,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 109-120, November.
- Swinnen, Johan F.M. & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2009. "Market Power and Rents in Global Supply Chains," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 53213, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Jiri Podpiera & Marie Rakova, 2008.
"The Price Effects of an Emerging Retail Market,"
2008/6, Czech National Bank, Research Department.
- Rachel Poole & Graham Clarke & David Clarke, 2002. "Grocery Retailers and Regional Monopolies," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 643-659.
- Claycombe, Richard J., 2000. "The effects of market structure on prices of clothing and household furnishings," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 827-841, July.
- Kyle W. Stiegert & Todd Sharkey, 2007. "Food pricing, competition, and the emerging supercenter format," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 295-312.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.