Don't Believe the Hype: Local Media Slant, Local Advertising, and Firm Value
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 67 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (04)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marco GAMBARO & Riccardo PUGLISI, 2009.
"What do ads buy? Daily coverage of listed companies on the Italian press,"
Departmental Working Papers
2009-36, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Marco Gambaro and Riccardo Puglisi, 2010. "What Do Ads Buy? Daily Coverage of Listed Companies on the Italian Press," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/26, European University Institute.
- Zhang, Wei & Shen, Dehua & Zhang, Yongjie & Xiong, Xiong, 2013. "Open source information, investor attention, and asset pricing," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 613-619.
- Ryohei Hisano & Didier Sornette & Takayuki Mizuno & Takaaki Ohnishi & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2012. "High quality topic extraction from business news explains abnormal financial market volatility," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 002, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Dong Lou, 2013. "Attracting investor attention through advertising," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 54382, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Umit G. Gurun & Gregor Matvos & Amit Seru, 2013. "Advertising Expensive Mortgages," NBER Working Papers 18910, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Solomon, David H. & Soltes, Eugene & Sosyura, Denis, 2014. "Winners in the spotlight: Media coverage of fund holdings as a driver of flows," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 53-72.
- Loughran, Tim & McDonald, Bill, 2013. "IPO first-day returns, offer price revisions, volatility, and form S-1 language," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 307-326.
- Ryohei Hisano & Didier Sornette & Takayuki Mizuno & Takaaki Ohnishi & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2012. "High quality topic extraction from business news explains abnormal financial market volatility," CARF F-Series CARF-F-299, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Booth, G. Geoffrey & Gurun, Umit G. & Zhang, Harold, 2014. "Financial networks and trading in bond markets," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 18(C), pages 126-157.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.