Overconfidence and Early‐Life Experiences: The Effect of Managerial Traits on Corporate Financial Policies
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 66 (2011)
Issue (Month): 5 (October)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Custódio, Cláudia & Ferreira, Miguel A. & Matos, Pedro, 2013. "Generalists versus specialists: Lifetime work experience and chief executive officer pay," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 471-492.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Noy, Ilan, 2012.
"Macroeconomic adjustment and the history of crises in open economies,"
Working Paper Series
2516, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Noy, Ilan, 2013. "Macroeconomic adjustment and the history of crises in open economies," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 41-58.
- Joshua Aizenman & Ilan Noy, 2012. "Macroeconomic Adjustment and the History of Crises in Open Economies," NBER Working Papers 18527, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alessandro Bucciol & Luca Zarri, 2013. "Financial Risk Aversion and Personal Life History," Working Papers 05/2013, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Wang, Chih-Yung & Chen, Yu-Fen & Yu, Chia-Wen, 2013. "Managerial optimism and post-financing stock performance in Taiwan: A comparison of debt and equity financing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 332-335.
- Nicolosi, Gina, 2013. "Demographics of dividends," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 54-70.
- Salima TAKTAK & Mohamed Ali AZOUZI & Mohamed TRIKI, 2013. "Why Entrepreneur Overconfidence Affect Its Project Financial Capability: Evidence From Tunisia Using The Bayesian Network Method," Business Excellence and Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 3(2), pages 61-84, June.
- Efraim Benmelech & Carola Frydman, 2014. "Military CEOs," NBER Working Papers 19782, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Valérie Petit & Helen Bollaert, 2012. "Flying Too Close to the Sun? Hubris Among CEOs and How to Prevent it," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 108(3), pages 265-283, July.
- Keloharju, Matti & Knüpfer, Samuli, 2014. "Match Made at Birth? What Traits of a Million Swedes Tell Us about CEOs," Working Paper Series 1024, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Andriosopoulos, Dimitris & Andriosopoulos, Kostas & Hoque, Hafiz, 2013. "Information disclosure, CEO overconfidence, and share buyback completion rates," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5486-5499.
- Tim R. Adam & Chitru S. Fernando & Evgenia Golubeva, 2012. "Managerial Overconfidence and Corporate Risk Management," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-018, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Borghesi, Richard & Houston, Joel F. & Naranjo, Andy, 2014. "Corporate socially responsible investments: CEO altruism, reputation, and shareholder interests," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 164-181.
- Joshua Aizenman & Ilan Noy, 2013.
"Public and Private Saving and the Long Shadow of Macroeconomic Shocks,"
NBER Working Papers
19067, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aizenman, Joshua & Noy, Ilan, 2013. "Public and private saving and the long shadow of macroeconomic shocks," Working Paper Series 2776, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Serfling, Matthew A., 2014. "CEO age and the riskiness of corporate policies," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 251-273.
- Deshmukh, Sanjay & Goel, Anand M. & Howe, Keith M., 2013. "CEO overconfidence and dividend policy," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 440-463.
- Beber, Alessandro & Fabbri, Daniela, 2012. "Who times the foreign exchange market? Corporate speculation and CEO characteristics," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 1065-1087.
- Antonczyk, Ron Christian & Salzmann, Astrid Juliane, 2014. "Overconfidence and optimism: The effect of national culture on capital structure," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 132-151.
- Chen, Sheng-Syan & Wang, Yanzhi, 2012. "Financial constraints and share repurchases," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 311-331.
- Schrand, Catherine M. & Zechman, Sarah L.C., 2012. "Executive overconfidence and the slippery slope to financial misreporting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 311-329.
- Ferri, Fabrizio & Oesch, David, . "Management Influence on Investors: Evidence from Shareholder Votes on the Frequency of Say on Pay," Working Papers on Finance 1329, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.