Public Pension Promises: How Big Are They and What Are They Worth?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 66 (2011)
Issue (Month): 4 (08)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark Skidmore, 2014. "Housing Affordability: Lessons from the United States," Treasury Working Paper Series 14/11, New Zealand Treasury.
- Hasan U. Altiok & Glenn P. Jenkins, 2011.
"The Fiscal Burden of the Legacy of the Civil Service Pension Systems in Northern Cyprus,"
1284, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Altiok, Hasan U. & Jenkins, Glenn P., 2013. "The fiscal burden of the legacy of the civil service pension systems in northern Cyprus," Journal of Pension Economics and Finance, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(01), pages 92-110, January.
- Glenn P. Jenkins & Hasan U. Altiok, 2013. "The Fiscal Burden of the Legacy of the Civil Service Pension Systems in Northern Cyprus," Development Discussion Papers 2013-06, JDI Executive Programs.
- Robert Novy-Marx & Joshua D. Rauh, 2012. "The Revenue Demands of Public Employee Pension Promises," NBER Working Papers 18489, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mohan, Nancy & Zhang, Ting, 2014. "An analysis of risk-taking behavior for public defined benefit pension plans," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 403-419.
- Robert Novy-Marx & Joshua D. Rauh, 2012. "Linking Benefits to Investment Performance in US Public Pension Systems," NBER Working Papers 18491, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Rosnick & Dean Baker, 2012. "Pension Liabilities: Fear Tactics and Serious Policy," World Economic Review, World Economics Association, vol. 2012(1), pages 4, September.
- Jeffrey Clemens & David M. Cutler, 2013. "Who Pays for Public Employee Health Costs?," NBER Working Papers 19574, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raimond Maurer & Olivia S. Mitchell & Ralph Rogalla & Ivonne Siegelin, 2014. "Accounting and Actuarial Smoothing of Retirement Payouts in Participating Life Annuities," NBER Working Papers 20124, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Skidmore, Mark, 2014. "Housing Affordability: Lessons from the United States," Working Paper Series 3422, Victoria University of Wellington, Chair in Public Finance.
- John Kiff & Michael Kisser & Mauricio Soto & Stefan E. Oppers, 2012. "The Impact of Longevity Improvements on U.S. Corporate Defined Benefit Pension Plans," IMF Working Papers 12/170, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert Novy-Marx & Joshua D. Rauh, 2012. "Fiscal Imbalances and Borrowing Costs: Evidence from State Investment Losses," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 182-213, May.
- Chalmers, John & Johnson, Woodrow T. & Reuter, Jonathan, 2014.
"The effect of pension design on employer costs and employee retirement choices: Evidence from Oregon,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 17-34.
- John Chalmers & Woodrow T. Johnson & Jonathan Reuter, 2012. "The Effect of Pension Design on Employer Costs and Employee Retirement Choices: Evidence from Oregon," NBER Working Papers 18517, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dashle Kelley, 2014. "The political economy of unfunded public pension liabilities," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 158(1), pages 21-38, January.
- Iqbal Owadally, 2014. "Tail risk in pension funds: an analysis using ARCH models and bilinear processes," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 43(2), pages 301-331, August.
- Sutirtha Bagchi, 2013. "The Effects of Political Competition on the Funding and Generosity of Public-Sector Pension Plans," 2013 Papers pba941, Job Market Papers.
- Edward L. Glaeser, 2012. "Urban Public Finance," NBER Working Papers 18244, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Clark & Olivia S. Mitchell, 2013. "How Does Retiree Health Insurance Influence Public Sector Employee Saving?," NBER Working Papers 19511, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.