Rights versus Underwritten Offerings: An Asymmetric Information Approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 41 (1986)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dhatt, Manjeet S. & Kim, Yong H. & Mukherji, Sandip, 1996. "Seasoned equity issues: The Korean experience," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 31-43, May.
- Anderson, Hamish D. & Rose, Lawrence C. & Cahan, Steven F., 2006. "Differential shareholder wealth and volume effects surrounding private equity placements in New Zealand," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 367-394, September.
- Eckbo, B Espen & Norli, Øyvind, 2005.
"The Choice of Seasoned-Equity Selling Mechanism: Theory and Evidence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4833, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eckbo, B. Espen & Norli, Øyvind, 2004. "The choice of seasoned-equity selling mechanism: Theory and evidence," Discussion Papers 2004/17, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Muhtaseb, Majed R. & Philippatos, George C., 1995. "Shareholder wealth effects of common stock offerings," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 175-193.
- Frank Lin & Gerard Gannon, 2007. "Private Placement and Share Price Reaction: Evidence from the Australian Biotechnology and Health Care Sector," Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning and Insurance Series 2007_05, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Chen, Chao & Chen, Xiao, 2007. "The information content of rights offerings in China," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 414-427, September.
- Ferris, Stephen P. & Noronha, Gregory & McInish, Thomas, 1997. "New equity offerings in Japan: an examination of theory and practice," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 185-200, October.
- Mohamed Faker Klibi & Hamadi Matoussi, 2007. "Gestion Des Resultats Et Performance Comptable Et Boursiere Des Entreprises Émettrices De Nouvelles Actions," Post-Print halshs-00534752, HAL.
- Anjos, Fernando, 2010. "Investment commitment and the valuation of underwriting agreements for rights issues," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 202-213, December.
- Marsden, Alastair, 2000. "Shareholder wealth effects of rights issues: Evidence from the New Zealand capital market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 419-442, July.
- Balachandran, Balasingham & Faff, Robert & Theobald, Michael, 2008. "Rights offerings, takeup, renounceability, and underwriting status," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 328-346, August.
- Balachandran, Balasingham & Faff, Robert & Jong, Len, 2005. "Announcements of bonus share options: Signalling of the quality of firms," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 180-190, December.
- Suchard, Jo-Ann, 2005. "The use of stand alone warrants as unique capital raising instruments," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1095-1112, May.
- Tan, Ruth S. K. & Chng, P. L. & Tong, Y. H., 2002. "Private placements and rights issues in Singapore," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 29-54, January.
- Su, Dongwei, 2005. "Corporate finance and state enterprise reform in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 118-148.
- Singh, Ajai K., 1997. "Layoffs and underwritten rights offers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 105-130, January.
- Marisetty, Vijaya B. & Marsden, Alastair & Veeraraghavan, Madhu, 2008. "Price reaction to rights issues in the Indian capital market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 316-340, June.
- Dang, Li & Yang, J. Jimmy, 2013. "The choice between rights and underwritten equity offerings: Evidence from Chinese stock markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 235-253.
- Marion Hutchinson, 2001. "A Contracting-Agency Analysis of the Association between Firm Risk, Incentives and Firm Performance: An Australian Perspective," Accounting, Finance, Financial Planning and Insurance Series 2001_05, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.