Signaling and the Valuation of Unseasoned New Issues: A Comment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 39 (1984)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dorsman, André & Gounopoulos, Dimitrios, 2013. "European Sovereign Debt Crisis and the performance of Dutch IPOs," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 308-319.
- Carow, Kenneth A. & Cox, Steven R. & Roden, Dianne M., 2004. "Mutual holding companies: Evidence of conflicts of interest through disparate dividends," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 277-298, February.
- David Williams & W. Duncan & Peter Ginter, 2010. "Testing a model of signals in the IPO offer process," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 445-463, May.
- Shawn Howton & Shelly Howton & Gerard Olson, 2001. "Board ownership and IPO returns," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 100-114, March.
- Firth, Michael & Liau-Tan, Chee Keng, 1997. "Signalling models and the valuation of new issues: An examination of IPOs in Singapore," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(5), pages 511-526, December.
- Roger M. Shelor & Dwight C. Anderson, 1998. "The Financial Performance of REITs Following Initial Public Offerings," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 16(3), pages 375-388.
- Keloharju, Matti & Kulp, Kaj, 1996. "Market-to-book ratios, equity retention, and management ownership in Finnish initial public offerings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 1583-1599, November.
- Firth, Michael, 1997. "An analysis of the stock market performance of new issues in New Zealand," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 63-85, February.
- Welch, Ivo, 1996. "Equity offerings following the IPO theory and evidence," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 227-259, February.
- Keasey, Kevin & McGuinness, Paul B., 2008. "Firm value and its relation to equity retention levels, forecast earnings disclosures and underpricing in initial public offerings in Hong Kong," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 642-662, December.
- Kim, Moonchul & Ritter, Jay R., 1999. "Valuing IPOs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 409-437, September.
- William J. McNally, 1999. "Multi-dimensional signaling with fixed-price repurchase offers," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(3), pages 131-150.
- Michelle Lowry & Micah S. Officer & G. William Schwert, 2006.
"The Variability of IPO Initial Returns,"
NBER Working Papers
12295, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guenther, David A. & Willenborg, Michael, 1999. "Capital gains tax rates and the cost of capital for small business: evidence from the IPO market," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 385-408, September.
- Ang, James S. & Brau, James C., 2003. "Concealing and confounding adverse signals: insider wealth-maximizing behavior in the IPO process," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 149-172, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.