The Pricing of Tax-Exempt Bonds and the Miller Hypothesis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 37 (1982)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Poterba, James M., 1989.
"Tax reform and the market for tax-exempt debt,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 537-562, August.
- Poterba, J.M., 1989. "Tax Reform And The Market For Tax-Exempt Debt," Working papers 514, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- James M. Poterba, 1990. "Tax Reform and the Market For Tax-Exempt Debt," NBER Working Papers 2900, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joseph Cheng & Vigdis Boasson, 2005. "New York Municipal Bonds As a Leading Fiscal Indicator," New York Economic Review, New York State Economics Association (NYSEA), vol. 36(1), pages 50-56.
- James M. Poterba, 1986.
"Expected Future Tax Policy and Tax-Exempt Bond Yields,"
NBER Working Papers
1469, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James M. Poterba, 1984. "Expected Future Tax Policy and Tax Exempt Bond Yields," Working papers 350, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- McConnell, John J. & Saretto, Alessio, 2010. "Auction failures and the market for auction rate securities," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(3), pages 451-469, September.
- Brooks, Robert, 1999. "Municipal bonds: a contingent claims perspective," Financial Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 71-85.
- Jess B. Yawitz & Kevin J. Maloney & Louis H. Ederington, 1983. "Taxes, Default Risk, and Yield Spreads," NBER Working Papers 1215, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Slemrod, Joel & Greimel, Timothy, 1999. "Did Steve Forbes scare the US municipal bond market?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 81-96, October.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & James Poterba, 1996.
"Stock-Market Yields and the Pricing of Municipal Bonds,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1761, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & James M. Poterba, 1996. "Stock Market Yields and the Pricing of Municipal Bonds," NBER Working Papers 5607, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chittenden, William T. & Hein, Scott E., 1999. "Tax rate changes and the long-run equilibrium relationship between taxable and tax-exempt interest rates," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 327-346, July.
- Koch, Timothy W. & Stock, Duane, 1997. "An analysis of implied tax rates on long-term taxable and tax-exempt bonds," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 171-176, February.
- Merle Erickson & Austan Goolsbee & Edward Maydew, 2002. "How Prevalent is Tax Arbitrage? Evidence from the Market for Municipal Bonds," NBER Working Papers 9105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Park, Sangkyun, 1997. "The Relationship Between Government Financial Condition and Expected Tax Rates Reflected in Municipal Bond Yields," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 50(1), pages 23-38, March Cit.
- Wang, Junbo & Wu, Chunchi & Zhang, Frank X., 2008. "Liquidity, default, taxes, and yields on municipal bonds," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1133-1149, June.
- John B. Shoven & Laurie Blair Simon, 1987. "Share Repurchases and Acquisitions: An Analysis of Which Firms Participate," NBER Working Papers 2243, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Junbo Wang & Chunchi Wu & Frank Zhang, 2005. "Liquidity, default, taxes and yields on municipal bonds," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2005-35, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.