Equity Rights Issues and the Efficiency of the UK Stock Market
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 34 (1979)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kabir, R. & Roosenboom, P.G.J., 2002.
"Can the stock market anticipate future operating performance? Evidence from equity rights issues,"
ERIM Report Series Research in Management
ERS-2002-102-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Kabir, Rezaul & Roosenboom, Peter, 2003. "Can the stock market anticipate future operating performance? Evidence from equity rights issues," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 93-113, January.
- Kabir, M.R. & Roosenboom, P.G.J., 2000. "Can the Stock Market anticipate Future Operating Performance? Evidence from Equity Rights Issues," Discussion Paper 2000-22, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- MacKie-Mason, Jeffrey K, 1990.
" Do Taxes Affect Corporate Financing Decisions?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 45(5), pages 1471-93, December.
- Franks, Julian R & Harris, Robert & Mayer, Colin, 1987.
"Means of Payment in Takeovers: Results for the UK and US,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
200, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert S. Harris & Julian Franks & Colin Mayer, 1987. "Means of Payment in Takeovers: Results for the U.K. and U.S," NBER Working Papers 2456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tan, Ruth S. K. & Chng, P. L. & Tong, Y. H., 2002. "Private placements and rights issues in Singapore," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 29-54, January.
- Bjorn Wahlroos & Tom Berglund, 1983. "The January Effect on a Small Stock Market: Lumpy Information and Tax-Loss Selling," Discussion Papers 579, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Muhtaseb, Majed R. & Philippatos, George C., 1995. "Shareholder wealth effects of common stock offerings," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 175-193.
- Scalia, Antonio, 1998. "Information transmission and causality in the Italian Treasury bond market," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 361-384, October.
- Andrikopoulos, Panagiotis, 2009. "Seasoned equity offerings, operating performance and overconfidence: Evidence from the UK," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 189-215.
- Iqbal, Javed & Brooks, Robert, 2007. "Alternative beta risk estimators and asset pricing tests in emerging markets: The case of Pakistan," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 75-93, February.
- Wulff, Christian, 1999. "The market reaction to stock splits: Evidence from Germany," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1999,42, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Slovin, M. B. & Sushka, M. E. & Lai, K. W. L., 2000. "Alternative flotation methods, adverse selection, and ownership structure: evidence from seasoned equity issuance in the U.K," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 157-190, August.
- Anderson, Hamish D. & Rose, Lawrence C. & Cahan, Steven F., 2006. "Differential shareholder wealth and volume effects surrounding private equity placements in New Zealand," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 367-394, September.
- Wang, Junbo & Wei, K.C. John & Pruitt, Stephen W., 2006. "An analysis of the share price and accounting performance of rights offerings in China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 49-72, January.
- David McLean, R. & Pontiff, Jeffrey & Watanabe, Akiko, 2009. "Share issuance and cross-sectional returns: International evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 1-17, October.
- Behr, Patrick & Güttler, André, 2008. "The informational content of unsolicited ratings," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 587-599, April.
- Wayne H. Mikkelson, 1985. "Capital Structure Change and Decreases in Stockholders' Wealth: A Cross-Sectional Study of Convertible Security Calls," NBER Working Papers 1137, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marsden, Alastair, 2000. "Shareholder wealth effects of rights issues: Evidence from the New Zealand capital market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 419-442, July.
- B[oslash]hren, [Oslash]yvind & Eckbo, B. Espen & Michalsen, Dag, 1997. "Why underwrite rights offerings? Some new evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 223-261, November.
- Sumon Kumar Bhaumik & Ekta Selarka, 2008. "Impact of M&A on firm performance in India: Implications for concentration of ownership and insider entrenchment," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp907, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Ferris, Stephen P. & Noronha, Gregory & McInish, Thomas, 1997. "New equity offerings in Japan: an examination of theory and practice," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 185-200, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.