Future Investment Opportunities and the Value of the Call Provision on a Bond
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 33 (1978)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Choi, Seungmook & Jameson, Mel & Jung, Mookwon, 2013. "The issuance of callable bonds under information asymmetry," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 1-14.
- Simon H. Kwan & Willard T. Carleton, 2004. "Financial contracting and the choice between private placement and publicly offered bonds," Working Paper Series 2004-20, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Doukas, John A. & Pantzalis, Christos, 2003. "Geographic diversification and agency costs of debt of multinational firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 59-92, January.
- Bradley, Michael & Chen, Dong, 2011. "Corporate governance and the cost of debt: Evidence from director limited liability and indemnification provisions," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 83-107, February.
- Chen, Zhaohui & Mao, Connie X. & Wang, Yong, 2010. "Why firms issue callable bonds: Hedging investment uncertainty," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 588-607, September.
- Shahid Ebrahim, M. & Hussain, Sikandar, 2010. "Financial development and asset valuation: The special case of real estate," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 150-162, January.
- Gady Jacoby & Chuan Liao & Jonathan A. Batten, 2007. "A Pure Test for the Elasticity of Yield Spreads," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp195, IIIS.
- Anderson, Christopher W., 1999. "Financial contracting under extreme uncertainty:: an analysis of Brazilian corporate debentures," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 45-84, January.
- Bryan, Stephen & Nash, Robert & Patel, Ajay, 2006. "Can the agency costs of debt and equity explain the changes in executive compensation during the 1990s?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 516-535, June.
- Lewis, Craig M. & Rogalski, Richard J. & Seward, James K., 1998. "Agency Problems, Information Asymmetries, and Convertible Debt Security Design," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 32-59, January.
- Sudipto Sarkar, 2004. "Yield spreads, agency costs and the corporate bond call feature," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 308-327.
- Sikandar Hussain & M. Shahid Ebrahim, 2005. "Financial Development and Property Valuation," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 24, Society for Computational Economics.
- Maria do Rosario Correia & Scott C. Linn & Andrew Marshall, 2004. "An Empirical Investigation of Debt Contract Design: The Determinants of the Choice of Debt Terms in Eurobond Issues," FEP Working Papers 148, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Garven, J. R. & R. D. MacMinn, . "The Underinvestment Problem, Bond Covenants and Insurance," Working Papers 011, Risk and Insurance Archive.
- Daniels, Kenneth & Diro Ejara, Demissew & Vijayakumar, Jayaraman, 2009. "An empirical analysis of the determinants and pricing of corporate bond clawbacks," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 431-446, September.
- Goyal, Vidhan K. & Gollapudi, Neela & Ogden, Joseph P., 1998. "A corporate bond innovation of the 90s: The clawback provision in high-yield debt," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 301-320, December.
- repec:fip:fedfap:2004-20 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Dong, 2012. "Classified boards, the cost of debt, and firm performance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3346-3365.
- James R. GARVEN & Richard D. MACMINN, 1994. "The Underinvestment Problem, Bond Covenants And Insurance," Risk and Insurance 9407007, EconWPA.
- Nash, Robert C. & Netter, Jeffry M. & Poulsen, Annette B., 2003. "Determinants of contractual relations between shareholders and bondholders: investment opportunities and restrictive covenants," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 201-232, March.
- Nayar, Nandkumar (Nandu) & Stock, Duane, 2008. "Make-whole call provisions: A case of "much ado about nothing?"," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 387-404, September.
- Levent Güntay & N. R. Prabhala & Haluk Unal, . "Callable Bonds and Hedging," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 02-13, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.