Bid-Asked Spreads on the Amex and the Big Board
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 32 (1977)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andrikopoulos, Andreas & Angelidis, Timotheos & Skintzi, Vasiliki, 2012. "Illiquidity, return and risk in G7 stock markets: interdependencies and spillovers," MPRA Paper 40003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sugato Chakravarty & Asani Sarkar & Lifan Wu, 1998. "Estimating the adverse selection and fixed costs of trading in markets with multiple informed traders," Research Paper 9814, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Chordia, Tarun & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar & Tong, Qing, 2012. "Sell-order liquidity and the cross-section of expected stock returns," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(3), pages 523-541.
- Sara Castellanos, 2001. "A New Empirical Study of the Mexican Treasury Securities Primary Auctions: Is there more underpricing?," Levine's Working Paper Archive 625018000000000206, David K. Levine.
- Chordia, Tarun & Shivakumar, L & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2000.
"Liquidity Dynamics Across Small and Large Firms,"
University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management
qt2zs4b4j4, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Wei, Jason & Zheng, Jinguo, 2010. "Trading activity and bid-ask spreads of individual equity options," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(12), pages 2897-2916, December.
- Tarun Chordia & Asani Sarkar & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 2005.
"The joint dynamics of liquidity, returns, and volatility across small and large firms,"
207, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Chordia, Tarun & Sarkar, Asani & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2005. "The Joint Dynamics of Liquidity, Returns, and Volatility Across Small and Large Firms," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt6z81z2wc, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Sara Castellanos, 2001. "Mexican treasury securities primary auctions," Theory workshop papers 357966000000000025, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Datar, Vinay T. & Y. Naik, Narayan & Radcliffe, Robert, 1998. "Liquidity and stock returns: An alternative test," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 203-219, August.
- Boulatov, Alex & Hatch, Brian C. & Johnson, Shane A. & Lei, Adam Y.C., 2009. "Dealer attention, the speed of quote adjustment to information, and net dealer revenue," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1531-1542, August.
- Brennan, Michael J. & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 1995. "Investment analysis and price formation in securities markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 361-381, July.
- Engle, Robert F, 1999.
"Modeling the Impacts of Market Activity on Bid-Ask Spreads in the Option Market,"
University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series
qt6rp7g17q, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Young-Hye Cho & Robert F. Engle, 1999. "Modeling the Impacts of Market Activity on Bid-Ask Spreads in the Option Market," NBER Working Papers 7331, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ming-Chang Wang & Lon-Ping Zu & Chau-Jung Kuo, 2010. "Risk aversion, order strategy and price formation," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(5), pages 627-640.
- Branch, Ben & Echevarria, David P., 1998. "The bid-ask bias and the size effect: A test of the Blume-Stambaugh bid-ask bias effect hypothesis," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 129-148.
- M. Frömmel & F Van Gysegem, 2014. "Bid-Ask Spread Components on the Foreign Exchange Market: Quantifying the Risk Component," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 14/878, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Sugato Chakravarty & Asani Sarkar & Lifan Wu, 1997. "Estimating the adverse selection cost in markets with multiple informed traders," Research Paper 9713, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bollen, Nicolas P. B. & Smith, Tom & Whaley, Robert E., 2004. "Modeling the bid/ask spread: measuring the inventory-holding premium," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 97-141, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.