Regulatory Influence on Bank Capital Investment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 30 (1975)
Issue (Month): 4 (September)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barrios, Victor E. & Blanco, Juan M., 2003. "The effectiveness of bank capital adequacy regulation: A theoretical and empirical approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1935-1958, October.
- Barrios, Victor E. & Blanco, Juan M., 2000. "The Effectiveness of Bank Capital Adequacy Requirements : A Theoretical and Empirical Approach," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2001001, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Phong T. H. Ngo, 2006. "Endogenous Capital and Profitability in Banking," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2006-464, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Sami Ben Naceur & Magda E. Kandil, 2013. "Basel Capital Requirements and Credit Crunch in the MENA Region," IMF Working Papers 13/160, International Monetary Fund.
- Fegatelli, Paolo, 2010. "The misconception of the option value of deposit insurance and the efficacy of non-risk-based capital requirements in the literature on bank capital regulation," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 79-84, June.
- William P. Osterberg, 1990. "Bank capital requirements and leverage: a review of the literature," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q IV, pages 2-12.
- Ben Naceur, Samy & Kandil, Magda, 2009.
"The impact of capital requirements on banks' cost of intermediation and performance: The case of Egypt,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 70-89.
- Magda Kandil & Samy Ben Naceur, 2008. "The Impact of Capital Requirements on Banks’ Cost of Intermediation and Performance: The Case of Egypt," Working Papers 430, Economic Research Forum, revised Aug 2008.
- Nachane, D M & Narain, Aditya & Ghosh, Saibal & Sahoo, Satyananda, 2001. "Bank response to capital requirements: Theory and Indian evidence," MPRA Paper 17453, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David VanHoose, 2008. "Bank Capital Regulation, Economic Stability, and Monetary Policy: What Does the Academic Literature Tell Us?," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 36(1), pages 1-14, March.
- Paolo Fegatelli, 2010. "The misconception of the option value of deposit insurance and the efficacy of non-risk-based capital requirements in the literature on bank capital regulation," BCL working papers 46, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Nachane, D M & Ghosh, Saibal, 2004. "Credit rating and bank behavior in India: Possible implications of the new Basel accord," MPRA Paper 17491, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Cummins, J. & Sommer, David W., 1996. "Capital and risk in property-liability insurance markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1069-1092, July.
- Saadaoui, Zied, 2008. "Capital standards and banking stability in emerging countries: an empirical approach," MPRA Paper 25464, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saibal Ghosh & D. M. Nachane & Aditya Narain & Satyananda Sahoo, 2003. "Capital requirements and bank behaviour: an empirical analysis of Indian public sector banks," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 145-156.
- Dahl, Drew & Spivey, Michael F., 1996. "The effects of declining capitalization on equity acquisition by commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 901-915, June.
- Phong T. H. Ngo, 2006. "A Theory of Precautionary Regulatory Capital in Banking," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2006-465, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- MAULEON, Ana & VANNETLEBOSCH, Vincent J., 2001. "Strike Activity and Bertrand vs Cournot Competition," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2001011, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Yair E. Orgler & Robert A. Taggart, Jr., 1983. "Implications of Corporate Capital Structure Theory for Banking Institutions," NBER Working Papers 0737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William P. Osterberg & James B. Thomson, 1990. "Optimal financial structure and bank capital requirements: an empirical investigation," Working Paper 9007, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.