Marketability of Common Stocks in Canada and the U.S.A.: A Comparison of Agent versus Dealer Dominated Markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 29 (1974)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wölfle, Marco, 2007. "Price Discovery for Cross-Listed Securities from Emerging Eastern European Countries," ZEW Discussion Papers 07-067, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Kryzanowski, Lawrence & Lazrak, Skander, 2009. "Liquidity minimization and cross-listing choice: Evidence based on Canadian shares cross-listed on U.S. venues," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 550-564, July.
- Jonathan Witmer, 2008. "An Examination of Canadian Firms Delisting from U.S. Exchanges," Working Papers 08-11, Bank of Canada.
- Marcelo Bianconi & Liang Tan, 2009.
"Cross-listing Premium in the US and the UK Destination,"
Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University
0737, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Bianconi, Marcelo & Tan, Liang, 2010. "Cross-listing premium in the US and the UK destination," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 244-259, April.
- Gray, Stephen F. & Smith, Tom & Whaley, Robert E., 2003. "Stock splits: implications for investor trading costs," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 271-303, May.
- Mittoo, Usha R., 2003. "Globalization and the value of US listing: Revisiting Canadian evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(9), pages 1629-1661, September.
- Muradoglu, Gulnur & Zaman, Asad & Orhan, Mehmet, 2003. "Measuring the Systematic Risk of IPO’s Using Empirical Bayes Estimates in the Thinly Traded Istanbul Stock Exchange," MPRA Paper 13879, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bacidore, Jeffrey M. & Battalio, Robert & Galpin, Neal & Jennings, Robert, 2005. "Sources of liquidity for NYSE-listed non-US stocks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 3075-3098, December.
- Sarkissian, Sergei & Schill, Michael J., 2004. "Are There Permanent Valuation Gains to Overseas Listing? Evidence from Market Sequencing and Selection," Working Papers 05-4, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Giorgio Gotti & Stacy Mastrolia, 2010. "Regulatory intervention and the effect of changes in corporate governance on firm decisions and market reactions," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 379-407, November.
- I. Krinsky & W. Rotenberg, 1989. "The Transition to Competitive Pricing on the Toronto Stock Exchange," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 15(2), pages 135-144, June.
- David Eliezer & Ian I. Kogan, 1998. "Scaling Laws for the Market Microstructure of the Interdealer Broker Markets," Papers cond-mat/9808240, arXiv.org, revised Sep 1998.
- William A. Reese, Jr. & Michael S. Weisbach, 2001.
"Protection of Minority Shareholder Interests, Cross-listings in the United States, and Subsequent Equity Offerings,"
NBER Working Papers
8164, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reese, William Jr. & Weisbach, Michael S., 2002. "Protection of minority shareholder interests, cross-listings in the United States, and subsequent equity offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 65-104, October.
- Gresse, Carole & Gajewski, Jean-François, 2007. "Centralised order books versus hybrid order books: a paired comparison of trading costs on NSC (Euronext Paris) and SETS (London Stock Exchange)," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/295, Paris Dauphine University.
- M. Frömmel & F Van Gysegem, 2014. "Bid-Ask Spread Components on the Foreign Exchange Market: Quantifying the Risk Component," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 14/878, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Aitken, Michael & Frino, Alex, 1996. "Execution costs associated with institutional trades on the Australian Stock Exchange," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 45-58, May.
- Sarkissian, Sergei & Schill, Michael, 2010. "Cross listing waves," MPRA Paper 27545, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- McConnell, John J. & Dybevik, Heidi J. & Haushalter, David & Lie, Erik, 1996. "A survey of evidence on domestic and international stock exchange listings with implications for markets and managers," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 347-376, December.
- Gajewski, Jean-François & Gresse, Carole, 2004. "Centralised order books versus hybrid order books: a paired comparison of trading costs on NSC (Euronext Paris) and SETS (London Stock Exchange)," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/3017, Paris Dauphine University.
- Sarkissian, Sergei & Schill, Michael J., 2012. "The nature of the foreign listing premium: A cross-country examination," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(9), pages 2494-2511.
- Luo, Yongli & Fang, Fang & Esqueda, Omar A., 2012. "The overseas listing puzzle: Post-IPO performance of Chinese stocks and ADRs in the U.S. market," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 193-211.
- Sarkissian, Sergei & Schill, Michael, 2010. "Why are U.S. firms listed in foreign markets worth more?," MPRA Paper 27543, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.