Dividend Announcements, Security Performance, and Capital Market Efficiency
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 27 (1972)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bernhardt, Dan & Douglas, Alan & Robertson, Fiona, 2005.
"Testing dividend signaling models,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 77-98, January.
- Dan Bernhardt & J. Fiona Robertson & Ray Farrow, 1994. "Testing Dividend Signalling Models," Working Papers 895, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Bernhardt, Dan & Robertson, Fiona J., 1993. "Testing Dividend Signalling Models," Working Papers 828, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Sophie Manigart & Koen De Waele, 1999. "Choice dividends and contemporaneous earnings announcements on a small stock market: an empirical study," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 161, pages 27-56.
- Lucy F. Ackert & William C. Hunter, 2000.
"An empirical examination of the price-dividend relation with dividend management,"
Working Paper Series
WP-00-22, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Lucy Ackert & William Hunter, 2001. "An Empirical Examination of the Price-Dividend Relation with Dividend Management," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 115-129, April.
- Frankfurter, George M. & Wood, Bob Jr., 2002. "Dividend policy theories and their empirical tests," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 111-138.
- Blau, Benjamin M. & Fuller, Kathleen P., 2008. "Flexibility and dividends," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 133-152, April.
- Fuller, Kathleen P. & Goldstein, Michael A., 2011. "Do dividends matter more in declining markets?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 457-473, June.
- Lucy F. Ackert & William C. Hunter, 1999.
"Intrinsic bubbles: the case of stock prices: a comment,"
Working Paper Series
WP-99-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- William C. Hunter & Lucy F. Ackert, 1999. "Intrinsic Bubbles: The Case of Stock Prices: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1372-1376, December.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Roberto Rocci & Giovanni Trovato, 2007.
"Industry and time specific deviations from fundamental values in a random coefficient model,"
Annals of Finance,
Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 257-276, March.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Roberto Rocci & Giovanni Trovato, 2004. "Industry and Time Specific Deviations from Fundamental Values in a Random Coefficient Model," CEIS Research Paper 52, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Alex Kane & Young Ki Lee & Alan J. Marcus, 1985.
"Earnings and Dividend Announcements is there a Corroboration Effect?,"
NBER Working Papers
1248, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kane, Alex & Lee, Young Ki & Marcus, Alan, 1984. " Earnings and Dividend Announcements: Is There a Corroboration Effect?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(4), pages 1091-99, September.
- Larry H. P. Lang & Mara Faccio & Leslie Young, 2001. "Dividends and Expropriation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 54-78, March.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Adam Wantz, 1992.
"A Tax-Based Test of the Dividend Signaling Hypothesis,"
NBER Working Papers
4244, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Wantz, Adam, 1995. "A Tax-Based Test of the Dividend Signaling Hypothesis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 532-51, June.
- Daniel, Naveen D. & Denis, David J. & Naveen, Lalitha, 2008. "Do firms manage earnings to meet dividend thresholds," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 2-26, March.
- Jin, Zhenhu, 2000. "On the differential market reaction to dividend initiations," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 263-277.
- Warwick Anderson, 2013. "The Role of mid-year dividends as predictors of yearly earnings," Working Papers in Economics 13/01, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Goergen, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R. & Correia da Silva, L., 2004. "Dividend Policy of German Firms," Discussion Paper 2004-122, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Robert Schweitzer, 1989. "How do stock returns react to special events?," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Jul, pages 17-29.
- Al-Yahyaee, Khamis H. & Pham, Toan M. & Walter, Terry S., 2011. "The information content of cash dividend announcements in a unique environment," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 606-612, March.
- Jensen, Gerald R. & Lundstrum, Leonard L. & Miller, Robert E., 2010. "What do dividend reductions signal?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 736-747, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.