Commodity Futures: Trends or Random Walks?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Finance Association in its journal Journal of Finance.
Volume (Year): 25 (1970)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stevens, Stanley C., 1990. "Evidence For A Weather Persistence Effect On The Corn, Wheat And Soybean Growing Season Price Dynamics," Staff Papers 13907, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Sathye, Milind, 2006. "US Coffee C Futures: Some results from test of cointegration and GARCH," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 6(3).
- Bharati, Rakesh & Crain, Susan J. & Kaminski, Vincent, 2012. "Clustering in crude oil prices and the target pricing zone hypothesis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 1115-1123.
- Tokár, T. & Horváth, D., 2012. "Market inefficiency identified by both single and multiple currency trends," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(22), pages 5620-5627.
- Marshall, Ben R. & Cahan, Rochester H. & Cahan, Jared M., 2008. "Can commodity futures be profitably traded with quantitative market timing strategies?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1810-1819, September.
- Carol L. Osler, 2003. "Currency Orders and Exchange Rate Dynamics: An Explanation for the Predictive Success of Technical Analysis," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(5), pages 1791-1820, October.
- Carol L. Osler, 2001. "Currency orders and exchange-rate dynamics: explaining the success of technical analysis," Staff Reports 125, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Robert Ślepaczuk & Grzegorz Zakrzewski & Paweł Sakowski, 2012. "Investment strategies beating the market. What can we squeeze from the market?," Working Papers 2012-04, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Mayer, Thomas, 1981. "A test of the efficiency of futures markets in commodities," Kiel Working Papers 119, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Geman, Hélyette & Kharoubi, Cécile, 2008. "WTI crude oil Futures in portfolio diversification: The time-to-maturity effect," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2553-2559, December.
- Cheol-Ho Park & Scott H. Irwin, 2007. "What Do We Know About The Profitability Of Technical Analysis?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 786-826, 09.
- Gray, Roger W. & Rutledge, David J.S., 1971. "The Economics of Commodity Futures Markets: A Survey," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(04), December.
- Christie-David, Rohan & Chaudhry, Mukesh, 2001. "Coskewness and cokurtosis in futures markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 55-81, March.
- John Anderson & Robert Faff, 2004. "Maximizing futures returns using fixed fraction asset allocation," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(15), pages 1067-1073.
- Shynkevich, Andrei, 2012. "Performance of technical analysis in growth and small cap segments of the US equity market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 193-208.
- Blank, Steven C., 1984.
"Cross Hedging Australian Cattle,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 28(02-03).
- Steven C. Blank, 1984. "Cross Hedging Australian Cattle," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 28(2-3), pages 153-162, 08-12.
- Roseli da Silva & Rodrigo Takeuchi, 2008. "Uma análise empírica de eficiência relativa nos mercados futuro e à vista de açúcar," Working Papers 08_06, Universidade de São Paulo, Faculdade de Economia, Administração e Contabilidade de Ribeirão Preto.
- John Anderson, 2003. "A Test of Weak-Form Market Efficiency in Australian Bank Bill Futures Calendar Spreads," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 134, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Miller, Stephen E., 1979. "The Response Of Futures Prices To New Market Information: The Case Of Live Hogs," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 11(01), July.
- John Anderson & Robert W Faff, 2003. "Optimal f and Portfolio Return Optimisation in US Futures Markets," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 133, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.