The New Theories of Intra-industry Trade
AbstractOver the last decade or so a great deal of effort has been expended on exploring all aspects of intraindustry trade. This article addresses one specific area of that literature in evaluating contributions to the theory of intraindustry trade. The circumstances under which the phenomenon emerges are analyzed for free entry and blocked entry markets, and the sensitivity of the results to model specific assumptions explored. Finally, the role of multinational and multiproduct firms is considered. Copyright 1987 by Blackwell Publishing Ltd and the Board of Trustees of the Bulletin of Economic Research
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Wiley Blackwell in its journal Bulletin of Economic Research.
Volume (Year): 39 (1987)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0307-3378
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J. Vicente Blanes Cristobal, 1997. "El comercio intra-industrial de España con los países de la comunidad europea(1982-1990): determinantes y efectos de su integración," Working Papers wpdea9704, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Ram Mudambi, 1993. "Government Policy toward MNEs in the Presence of Foreign Exchange Scarcity," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 99-108, Winter.
- Kala Krishna, 1990. "Export Restraints With Imperfect Competition: A Selective Survey," NBER Working Papers 3244, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Greenaway, David & Torstensson, Johan, 2000.
"Economic Geography, Comparative Advantage and Trade within Industries: Evidence from the OECD,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 15, pages 260-280.
- Greenaway, David & Torstensson, Johan, 1997. "Economic Geography, Comparative Advantage and Trade within Industries: Evidence from the OECD," Working Paper Series 144, Trade Union Institute for Economic Research.
- Greenaway, David, 1998. "Economic Geography, Comparative Advantage and Trade Within Industries: Evidence from the OECD," CEPR Discussion Papers 1857, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Greenaway & Johan Torstensson,, . "Economic Geography, Comparative Advantage and Trade Within Industries: Evidence from the OECD," Discussion Papers 97/16, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- David VanHoose, 2013. "A Model of International Trade in Banking Services," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 613-625, September.
- Ernesto Somma, 1994. "Intra-industry trade in the European computers industry," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 130(4), pages 784-799, December.
- Tiina Heikkinen, 2003. "A Random Utility Model of Demand for Variety under Spatial Differentiation," ERSA conference papers ersa03p294, European Regional Science Association.
- T. Huw Edwards, 2004. "Trade and Strategic Regulatory Bias in Monopolistic Industries," Discussion Paper Series 2004-21, Department of Economics, Loughborough University, revised Sep 2004.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.