Corporate Investment: Does Market Valuation Matter in the Aggregate?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution in its journal Brookings Papers on Economic Activity.
Volume (Year): 8 (1977)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1775 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington DC 20036
Phone: (202) 797-6000
Fax: (202) 797-6004
Web page: http://www.brookings.edu/economics.aspx
More information through EDIRC
macroeconomics; corporate investment; market valuation;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard W. Kopcke, 1992. "Profits and stock prices: the importance of being earnest," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 26-44.
- John Graham & Mark T. Leary & Michael R. Roberts, 2014. "A Century of Capital Structure: The Leveraging of Corporate America," NBER Working Papers 19910, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thomas R. Michl, 1987. "Macroeconomic Profitability: Theory and Evidence," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_1, Levy Economics Institute.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeremy C. Stein & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2002.
"When Does the Market Matter? Stock Prices and the Investsment of Equity-Dependent Firms,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1978, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeremy C. Stein & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2003. "When Does The Market Matter? Stock Prices And The Investment Of Equity-Dependent Firms," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 118(3), pages 969-1005, August.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeremy C. Stein & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2002. "When Does the Market Matter? Stock Prices and the Investment of Equity-Dependent Firms," NBER Working Papers 8750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacques Mairesse & Alan K. Siu, 1982.
"An Extended Accelerator Model of R&D and Physical Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
0968, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jacques Mairesse & Alan K. Siu, 1984. "An Extended Accelerator Model of R&D and Physical Investment," NBER Chapters, in: R & D, Patents, and Productivity, pages 271-298 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hayashi, Fumio, 1982.
"Tobin's Marginal q and Average q: A Neoclassical Interpretation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 213-24, January.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1981. "Tobin's Marginal q and Average a : A Neoclassical Interpretation," Discussion Papers 457, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Tuomas A. Peltonen & Ricardo M. Sousa & Isabel S. Vansteenkiste, 2011.
"Fundamentals, Financial Factors, and the Dynamics of Investment in Emerging Markets,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 47(0), pages 88-105, May.
- Tuomas A. Peltonen & Ricardo M. Sousa & Isabel S. Vansteenkiste, 2009. "Fundamentals, Financial Factors and The Dynamics of Investment in Emerging Markets," NIPE Working Papers 19/2009, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Tuomas A. Peltonen & Ricardo M. Sousa & Isabel S. Vansteenkiste, 2009. "Asset prices, Credit and Investment in Emerging Markets," NIPE Working Papers 18/2009, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- James Tobin, 1982.
"Money and Finance in the Macro-Economic Process,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
613R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Anusha Chari & Peter Blair Henry, 2002.
"Capital Account Liberalization: Allocative Efficiency or Animal Spirits?,"
NBER Working Papers
8908, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chari, Anusha & Henry, Peter B., 2002. "Capital Account Liberalization: Allocative Efficiency or Animal Spirits?," Research Papers 1737, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Rama, Martin, 1990. "Empirical investment equations in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 563, The World Bank.
- Modigliani, Franco. & Cohn, Richard A., 1984. "Inflation and corporate financial management," Working papers 1572-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Barro, Robert J, 1990.
"The Stock Market and Investment,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 115-31.
- Stanley Fischer & Robert C. Merton, 1985.
"Macroeconomics and Finance: The Role of the Stock Market,"
NBER Working Papers
1291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fischer, Stanley & Merton, Robert C., 1984. "Macroeconomics and finance: The role of the stock market," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 57-108, January.
- Samuel, Cherian, 1996. "Stock market and investment : the signaling role of the market," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1612, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eric Encarnacion).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.