The Importance of Temporary Layoffs: An Empirical Analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution in its journal Brookings Papers on Economic Activity.
Volume (Year): 6 (1975)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1775 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington DC 20036
Phone: (202) 797-6000
Fax: (202) 797-6004
Web page: http://www.brookings.edu/economics.aspx
More information through EDIRC
macroeconomics; unemployment; temporary layoffs;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruce Chapman & Thomas F. Crossley & Taejong Kim, 2003.
"Credit Constraints And Training After Job Loss,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
466, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Phaneuf, Louis, 1979. "Offre globale en économie ouverte, courbe de Phillips et détermination du taux de chômage naturel : une reformulation théorique," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 55(3), pages 375-396, juillet.
- Patricia M. Anderson & Bruce D. Meyer, 1994. "Unemployment Insurance Benefits and Takeup Rates," NBER Working Papers 4787, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce D. Meyer, 1989. "A Quasi-Experimental Approach to the Effects of Unemployment Insurance," NBER Working Papers 3159, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christian Calmès, 2003. "Poignée de main invisible et persistance des cycles économiques : une revue de la littérature," Working Papers 03-40, Bank of Canada.
- Andrew Figura, 2002. "The cyclical behavior of short-term and long-term job flows," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-12, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Katz, Lawrence F & Meyer, Bruce D, 1990.
"Unemployment Insurance, Recall Expectations, and Unemployment Outcomes,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 105(4), pages 973-1002, November.
- Lawrence F. Katz & Bruce D. Meyer, 1991. "Unemployment Insurance, Recall Expectations, And Unemployment Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 2594, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alba-Ramirez, Alfonso & Arranz, Jose M. & Munoz-Bullon, Fernando, 2007.
"Exits from unemployment: Recall or new job,"
Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 788-810, October.
- Martin Feldstein, 1997. "Employment Policy of the Middle Reagan Years: What Didn't Happen and Why It Didn't Happen," NBER Working Papers 5917, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, Robert E & Lilien, David M, 1979.
"Efficient Wage Bargains under Uncertain Supply and Demand,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 868-79, December.
- Robert E. Hall & David M. Lilien, 1978. "Efficient Wage Bargains Under Uncertain Supply and Demand," NBER Working Papers 0306, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- V.V. Chari, 1980.
"Involuntary Unemployment and Implicit Contracts,"
459, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Chari, V V & Jones, Larry E & Manuelli, Rodolfo E, 1989.
"Labor Contracts in a Model of Imperfect Competition,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 358-63, May.
- V.V. Chari & Larry E. Jones & Rodolfo E. Manuelli, 1989. "Labor contracts in a model of imperfect competition," Staff Report 117, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- John C. Haltiwanger & Scott Schuh, 1999. "Gross job flows between plants and industries," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 41-64.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1987. "Les marchés imparfaits dans la théorie macroéconomique," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 63(4), pages 311-330, dÃ©cembre.
- repec:fth:prinin:76a is not listed on IDEAS
- René Böheim, 2006. "“I’ll be Back” – Austrian Recalls," Empirica, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 1-18, March.
- Alfonso Alba-Ramirez & Jose Maria Arranz Muñoz & Fernando Muñoz-Bullon, 2006. "Unemployment Duration, Unemployment Benefits And Recalls," Business Economics Working Papers wb066218, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Lawrence F. Katz, 1986. "Layoffs, Recall and the Duration of Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 1825, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Eric Encarnacion).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.