Rank âˆ’ 1â€‰/â€‰2: A Simple Way to Improve the OLS Estimation of Tail Exponents
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of Business and Economic Statistics.
Volume (Year): 29 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ogwang, Tomson, 2013. "Is the wealth of the world’s billionaires Paretian?," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(4), pages 757-762.
- Segarra, Agustí & Teruel, Mercedes, 2012. "An appraisal of firm size distribution: Does sample size matter?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 314-328.
- Julian di Giovanni & Andrei A. Levchenko, 2010.
"Firm Entry, Trade, and Welfare in Zipf's World,"
NBER Working Papers
16313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael GONZÀLEZ-VAL, 2012. "Zipf’S Law: Main Issues In Empirical Work," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 36, pages 147-164.
- Chollete, Lorán & de la Peña, Victor & Lu, Ching-Chih, 2012. "International diversification: An extreme value approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 871-885.
- M. Caivano & A. Harvey, 2013. "Two EGARCH models and one fat tail," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1326, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Behrens, Kristian & Mion, Giordano & Murata, Yasusada & Südekum, Jens, 2011.
CEPR Discussion Papers
8572, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Behrens, Kristian & Mion, Giordano & Murata, Yasusada & Suedekum, Jens, 2013. "Spatial Frictions," IZA Discussion Papers 7175, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kristian Behrens & Giordano Mion & Yasusada Murata & Jens Südekum, 2011. "Spatial Frictions," CEP Discussion Papers dp1108, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Luis Garicano & Claire Lelarge & John Van Reenen, 2012.
"Firm Size Distortions and the Productivity Distribution: Evidence from France,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp1128, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Garicano, Luis & Lelarge, Claire & Van Reenen, John, 2013. "Firm Size Distortions and the Productivity Distribution: Evidence from France," IZA Discussion Papers 7241, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Garicano, Luis & Lelarge, Claire & Van Reenen, John, 2013. "Firm Size Distortions and the Productivity Distribution: Evidence from France," CEPR Discussion Papers 9495, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luis Garicano & Claire LeLarge & John Van Reenen, 2013. "Firm Size Distortions and the Productivity Distribution: Evidence from France," NBER Working Papers 18841, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wolfgang Keller & Stephen Ross Yeaple, 2013.
"The Gravity of Knowledge,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 103(4), pages 1414-44, June.
- Suresh Naidu, 2012. "Suffrage, Schooling, and Sorting in the Post-Bellum U.S. South," NBER Working Papers 18129, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexandra SCHAFFAR, 2012. "La Loi De Zipf Sous Le Prisme De L’Auto-Correlation Spatiale - Les Cas De La Chine Et De L’Inde," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 36, pages 189-204.
- Gilles Duranton & Diego Puga, 2013. "The Growth Of Cities," Working Papers wp2013_1308, CEMFI.
- González-Val, Rafael & Lanaspa, Luis, 2011. "Patterns in U.S. urban growth (1790–2000)," MPRA Paper 31006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kristian GIESEN & Jens SÜDEKUM, 2012. "The French Overall City Size Distribution," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 36, pages 107-126.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.