Stable and Efficient Multiple Smoothing Parameter Estimation for Generalized Additive Models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Statistical Association in its journal Journal of the American Statistical Association.
Volume (Year): 99 (2004)
Issue (Month): (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jasa/index.cfm?fuseaction=main
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- John Deke & Lisa Dragoset & Karen Bogen & Brian Gill, 2012. "Impacts of Title I Supplemental Educational Services on Student Achievement," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7449, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Roberts, Michael J. & Key, Nigel D., 0. "AJAE Appendix: Agricultural Payments and Land Concentration: A Semi-Parametric Spatial Regression Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics Appendices, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Tetsuya Tsurumi & Shunsuke Managi, 2010. "Decomposition of the environmental Kuznets curve: scale, technique, and composition effects," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 11(1), pages 19-36, February.
- Roberto Basile & Alessandro Girardi, 2009. "Specialization and risk sharing: evidence from European regions," ISAE Working Papers 122, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- C. Ordás Criado & S. Valente & T. Stengos, 2009.
"Growth and the pollution convergence hypothesis: a nonparametric approach,"
0908, University of Guelph, Department of Economics.
- Ordás Criado, Carlos & Valente, Simone & Stengos, Thanasis, 2009. "Growth and the pollution convergence hypothesis: A nonparametric approach," MPRA Paper 17492, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlos Ordás Criado & Simone Valente & Thanasis Stengos, 2009. "Growth and the pollution convergence hypothesis: a nonparametric approach," CEPE Working paper series 09-66, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Davide Fiaschi & Andrea Mario Lavezzi, 2006.
"Nonlinear Growth and the Productivity Slowdown,"
DEGIT Conference Papers
c011_012, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Davide Fiaschi & Andrea Mario Lavezzi, 2003.
"Nonlinear Economic Growth: Some Theory and Cross-Country Evidence,"
2003/14, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Fiaschi, Davide & Lavezzi, Andrea Mario, 2007. "Nonlinear economic growth: Some theory and cross-country evidence," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 271-290, September.
- Vito M. R. Muggeo, . "Analyzing Temperature Effects on Mortality Within the R Environment: The Constrained Segmented Distributed Lag Parameterization," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 32(i12).
- Tetsuya, Tsurumi & Shunsuke, Managi, 2011. "The Effect of Trade Openness on Deforestation: Empirical Analysis for 142 Countries," MPRA Paper 35805, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tainsky, Scott & Mills, Brian & Winfree, Jason A., 2012. "Further Examination of Potential Discrimination Among MLB Umpires," MPRA Paper 43234, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zheng, Shurong, 2008. "Selection of components and degrees of smoothing via lasso in high dimensional nonparametric additive models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 164-175, September.
- Paciorek, Christopher J., 2007. "Computational techniques for spatial logistic regression with large data sets," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(8), pages 3631-3653, May.
- Chang Dan & Hong Gu & Kuan Xu, 2005. "The Impact of Hedging on Stock Return and Firm Value: New Evidence from Canadian Oil and Gas Companies," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive hedging, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Coussement, Kristof & Buckinx, Wouter, 2011. "A probability-mapping algorithm for calibrating the posterior probabilities: A direct marketing application," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 214(3), pages 732-738, November.
- Christopher J. Paciorek, . "Bayesian Smoothing with Gaussian Processes Using Fourier Basis Functions in the spectralGP Package," Journal of Statistical Software, American Statistical Association, vol. 19(i02).
- Mazzanti, M. & Musolesi, A., 2013. "Nonlinearity, heterogeneity and unobserved effects in the carbon dioxide emissions-economic development relation for advanced countries," Working Papers 2013-08, Grenoble Applied Economics Laboratory (GAEL).
- Strasak, Alexander M. & Umlauf, Nikolaus & Pfeiffer, Ruth M. & Lang, Stefan, 2011. "Comparing penalized splines and fractional polynomials for flexible modelling of the effects of continuous predictor variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 1540-1551, April.
- Costa, M.J. & Shaw, J.E.H., 2009. "Parametrization and penalties in spline models with an application to survival analysis," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 657-670, January.
- Binder, Harald & Sauerbrei, Willi, 2008. "Increasing the usefulness of additive spline models by knot removal," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(12), pages 5305-5318, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.