Strategic Aspects of the Economic Development of Bulgaria until 2020
AbstractThe author discusses important strategic aspects of the economic development of Bulgaria until 2020. On some key issues the analysis penetrates further in the following decades. As it was 100 or 50 years ago, as well as at present, Bulgaria was and is among the last in Europe in terms of the most important economic, social and other indicators. One argues that the country can not afford staying on this ranking over the following years and decades. The citizens of the country would not tolerate it, and the other EU members would start looking at us as an accidental foreign object in the community’s organism. One could get out of this uneasy situation only through an accelerated catching up development. A thorough description of the catching up development is provided, as compared to accelerated development. The key priorities in the economic development of the country are pointed out. The most important strategic economic objectives of Bulgaria until 2020 are identified, and the ways and means for their implementation are enumerated. Two strategies are also compared.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute in its journal Economic Thought.
Volume (Year): (2009)
Issue (Month): 7 ()
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- O11 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- O52 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
- P24 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - National Income, Product, and Expenditure; Money; Inflation
- P27 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Performance and Prospects
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vassil Zahariev).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.