Environmental Regulations and Economic Activity: Influence on Market Structure
AbstractWe survey recent developments in the theoretical and empirical literature on the economic effects of environmental regulation on various aspects of market structure including entry, exit, and size distribution of firms and market concentration.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Annual Reviews in its journal Annual Review of Resource Economics.
Volume (Year): 1 (2009)
Issue (Month): 1 (09)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Annual Reviews 4139 El Camino Way Palo Alto, CA 94306, USA
Web page: http://www.annualreviews.org
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
- Q52 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Pollution Control Costs; Distributional Effects; Employment Effects
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Becker, Randy A. & Pasurka, Carl & Shadbegian, Ronald J., 2013.
"Do environmental regulations disproportionately affect small businesses? Evidence from the Pollution Abatement Costs and Expenditures survey,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 523-538.
- Randy A. Becker & Carl Pasurka, Jr. & Ronald J. Shadbegian, 2012. "Do Environmental Regulations Disproportionately Affect Small Businesses? Evidence from the Pollution Abatement Costs and Expenditures Survey," Working Papers 12-25r, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau, revised Aug 2013.
- Randy A. Becker & Ronald J. Shadbegian & Carl Pasurka, 2013. "Do Environmental Regulations Disproportionately Affect Small Businesses? Evidence from the Pollution Abatement Costs and Expenditures Survey," NCEE Working Paper Series 201206, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Aug 2013.
- Sengupta Aditi, 2010.
"Environmental Regulation and Industry Dynamics,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-29, June.
- repec:cen:wpaper:12-25 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephen P. Ryan & Mar Reguant & Meredith Fowlie, 2011. "Pollution Permits and the Evolution of Market Structure," 2011 Meeting Papers 1440, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Meredith Fowlie & Mar Reguant & Stephen P. Ryan, 2012. "Market-Based Emissions Regulation and Industry Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 18645, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (http://www.annualreviews.org).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.