Romania In Eu Context. Competitiveness And Knowledge-Based Economy
AbstractThe paper analyses Romania’s competitiveness and knowledge-based economyin an EU comparative context for the 2006-2007 period. The main compared pillar-indices are the following: global competitiveness index;higher education and training; technological readiness; business sophistication; innovation.Each pillar index is disaggregated into several relevant sub indices. Comparisons are madebetween Romania and EU-25, EU-10 (new member states since 2004), Bulgaria and Turkeyon the basis of positions and scores of each country or group of countries, within a totalframework of 131 countries. The size of Romania’s digital divide vis-Ã -vis EU-25 can beused as a tool for national priority setting and better policies regarding catching up andconvergence processes in digital economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia in its journal Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica.
Volume (Year): 2 (2008)
Issue (Month): 10 ()
Contact details of provider:
competitiveness; knowledge-based society; national and international value chains; catching-up; convergence; digital divide; brain drain; knowledge creation; absorption and diffusion.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E00 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philippe Aghion & Peter Howitt, 1990.
"A Model of Growth Through Creative Destruction,"
NBER Working Papers
3223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," Working papers 527, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1989. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 8904, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Aghion, P. & Howitt, P., 1990. "A Model Of Growth Through Creative Destruction," DELTA Working Papers 90-12, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Paul Krugman & Anthony J. Venables, 1995.
"Globalization and the Inequality of Nations,"
NBER Working Papers
5098, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krugman, Paul & Venables, Anthony J., 1994. "Globalization and the Inequality of Nations," CEPR Discussion Papers 1015, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krugman, Paul & Venables, Anthony J., 1995. "Globalization and the Inequality of Nations," Working Paper Series 430, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dan-Constantin Danuletiu).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.