Accounting Knowledge: Decision Support In Forestry
AbstractThe accountancy provides knowledge which can help managers make decisions about economic efficiency. This paper introduces few accounting instruments whose practical applications provide necessary knowledge for decision-making process, with the usage of concrete examples from forestry. The essay proposes ways of transforming accounting information into necessary knowledge for managers to make informed decisions, using calculation of profitability indicators, cost indicators, financial and economic analysis, financial administration accounting tools, cash-flow and budget. The writing bring forward, also, new research in the field of forest management decision support systems.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its journal Revista Tinerior Economisti(The Young Economists Journal).
Volume (Year): 1 (2010)
Issue (Month): 14 (April)
managerial accounting; knowledge-based systems; forestry accounting systems; forestry decision; decision support systems;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- M15 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - IT Management
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- G17 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Financial Forecasting and Simulation
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ionascu Costel).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.