How Important Are Agglomeration Economies: A Case Study Of Romanian Industrial Clusters
AbstractThe present research aims to contribute to the discussion on the importance of agglomeration economies through a case study on Romanian industrial concentrations. The material presents the results of the analysis of industrial geographic groups. Based on the methodology recommended by the EU good practices, we have identified and classified, according to their importance, industrial agglomerations at national scale, by county administrative unit (NUTS 3) and by industrial sectors in 4 digit NACE classification. The analysis leads to a mapping of agglomerations by their geographical position, as well as to a hierarchy of agglomerations according to an evaluation scale with values between 0 (minimum) and 3 (maximum) stars, by indicators of size, specialization and concentration. The analysis of a performance indicator on export is also added to the discussion regarding the sectors’ capacity of competitive performance.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration in its journal Review of Economic and Business Studies.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 9 (June)
competitiveness; regional development; export performance; industry concentration;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- M20 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - General
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sireteanu Napoleon-Alexandru).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.