Potential Interpretations of the Ecological Behaviour in Tourism
AbstractThe ecological behaviour of the tourists is an increasingly important topic worldwide. The purpose of this paper is to thoroughly explore the ecological behaviour of tourists during their holidays and the consequences of it. We currently notice a barrier between the classic and modern tourism services. It was necessary to analyse the ecological behaviour of the tourists because, on one hand, Romania has got such a tremendous natural and cultural potential, which should be preserved and transferred from one generation to another, and on the other hand, because the methods of transferring ecological behaviour knowledge are so scarce. The novelty of the research consists in identifying the potential consequences of the level of tourists’ education and information on their ecological behaviour. The findings of our survey reveal that the Romanian tourism has followed the right path as concerns ecology, given that people as both citizens and tourists have been increasingly concerned about environmental issues.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania in its journal The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal.
Volume (Year): 14 (2012)
Issue (Month): 31 (February)
tourist’s behaviour; tourist; ecological process; green tourism;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D03 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Behavioral Microeconomics; Underlying Principles
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Olimpia State & Nicolae Istudor, 2009. "The Survey of the Service Quality. Application to a Hotel using the SERVQUAL Model," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 11(26), pages 419-428, June.
- Olimpia State & Claudia Gabriela Baicu & Delia Popescu, 2014. "The Responsibility of Organisations towards Customers. Case Study – Romanian Travel Agencies," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 16(35), pages 258, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentin Dumitru).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.