Management Best Practices Used in Romanian Logistics Customer Service Planning
AbstractThere are no standards which one could use for establishing approximately or precisely whether the management of an organization is good or bad. There is management best practices as alternative, sooner elaborated advices then rules imposed to a manager, which can improve management processes. This article contains management best practices used in logistics for customer service planning. The results are a part of the research undertaken inside the doctoral thesis by the first author of this article. Logistics is the group of activities of the firm which insure the flow of materials, parts and final products from firm’s suppliers to its customers, but also inside the firm. At firm’s level logistics is usually perceived as a cost. We believe it is necessary that firm’s management to observe that logistics insures goods transfer, at a certain costs level, but also at a certain customer service level. The interest of management should be though expanded from cost management at demand planning and customer service management. We exposed further best practices regarding customer service planning in logistics. The article has in the first part theoretical details regarding customer service, but also regarding management best practices, in the second the elements of customer service, in the third management best practices found at international level, while the fourth part contains the evaluation of best practices usage and knowledge by the Romanian managers. In conclusion, Romanian managers could be considered sooner reactive than proactive regarding logistics customer service planning. Regarding knowledge level, the exposed methods are scarcely known, while the usage level can be improved.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania in its journal The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal.
Volume (Year): 12 (2010)
Issue (Month): 27 (February)
management best practice; logistics; customer service; utility;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M11 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Production Management
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andreea Marin Pantelescu & Maria Ioncica, 2012. "Researching the Mass Media Role in Promoting and Selling Tourists` Packages in Romania," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 14(Special N), pages 802-810, November.
- Valentin Florentin Dumitru & Nadia Albu & Cătălin Nicolae Albu & Mădălina Dumitru, 2013. "ERP implementation and organizational performance. A Romanian case study of best practices," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(34), pages 518-531, June.
- Luminiţa Nicolescu & Cristina Galalae & Alexandru Voicu, 2013. "Solving a Supply Chain Management Problem to Near Optimality Using Ant Colony Optimization, in an International Context," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(33), pages 8-26, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentin Dumitru).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.