Accumulations and development in commercial logistics
AbstractThe work presents a connotative periplus and an evaluation of one of the most dynamic business fields- logistics. Although used for a long time in the military department, logistics has affirmed itself relatively recent in business field, where it brought revolutionary contributions and where it has a privileged statute. There are presented particular significations of logistics from some of the application fields: production, distribution, merchandise study. In addition, the whole vision of the work is presented taking in consideration the merchandise matter, situation explained by the writer’s affiliation to the specialized academic environment (teaching staff of The Science of Commodities and Quality Management Chair, of the Academy of Economic Studies, from Bucharest.) In the conceptual evolution of the term “logistics”, there are emphasized the concepts and the keys of the definition, that express the whole context- technical, economic, organizational and social- where the term has distinguished itself: science and art statute, programming/planning as an approach method, organization of flow activities (material, financial, informational), affirmation of the “logistical chain” concept and passing from distribution logistics to the Supply Chain Management-SCM, and further, to the actual concept. The matter of inverse logistics is presented as a descendent of the actual extensions and of the socio- economic and normative imperatives of the period that we are crossing through. There are presented considerations regarding the importance of logistics in business field and there are given information about the tradition of preparing students in The Higher Education System, in Romania.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania in its journal The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal.
Volume (Year): 10 (2008)
Issue (Month): 24 (June)
logistics; commercial logistics; merchandise logistics; inverse logistics; economic education;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A23 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Graduate
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- F18 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Environment
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- M21 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Economics - - - Business Economics
- O24 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mariana Cristina Ganescu & Mihaela Asandei & Andreea Gangone & Camelia Chirilă, 2013. "Performance Determinants for Responsible Supply Chain Management in the European Emerging Countries," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 15(33), pages 154-169, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Valentin Dumitru).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.