Anreizkompatibilität von Entschädigungssystemen für Kosten und Verluste aus Tierseuchenausbrüchen in der Europäischen Union
AbstractThis article focuses on the incentive compatibility of existing compensation schemes for the indemnification of costs and losses of animal disease outbreaks in the member states of the EU. It is shown that efficient animal disease risk management basically requires compensation of costs and losses. The financing and indemnification principles of the compensation systems in the European Union however provide adverse incentives and result in inefficient livestock production structures and insufficient loss prevention activities of livestock holders. Guidelines are provided for the institutional arrangement and the financing and indemnification policy of compensation systems that allow for efficient animal disease risk management.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Duncker & Humblot, Berlin in its journal Schmollers Jahrbuch.
Volume (Year): 128 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.duncker-humblot.de
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabriele Freudenmann).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.