Analyseergebnisse auf Basis der anonymisierten Steuerdaten
AbstractSince the availability of micro data derived from the German income tax statistics for research detailed analyses of tax reforms have become possible. In this paper we apply microsimulation techniques to these data to analyse the fiscal and distributional effects of six personal and business tax reform proposals which have dominated the last federal election and are also on the current political agenda. Simulated fiscal effects of these reforms range from modest income tax losses of 0.2 % of GDP in case of the CDU/CSU election proposal to substantial losses amounting to more than 1 % of GDP for the CDU, FDP and Kirchhof proposals. Whereas the proposals of the union parties would imply tax reductions mainly for middle income groups, those of Kirchhof and the German Council of Economic Advisers would lead to relatively large tax cuts for top incomes.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Duncker & Humblot, Berlin in its journal Schmollers Jahrbuch.
Volume (Year): 126 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.duncker-humblot.de
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hechtner, Frank & Hundsdoerfer, Jochen, 2008. "Die missverständliche Änderung der Gewerbesteueranrechnung nach § 35 EStG durch das Jahressteuergesetz 2008: Auswirkungen für die Steuerpflichtigen und für das Steueraufkommen," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 38, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gabriele Freudenmann).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.