Frequentist and Subjectivist Perspectives on the Problems of Model Building in Economics
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal Journal of Economic Perspectives.
Volume (Year): 2 (1988)
Issue (Month): 1 (Winter)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steel, M.F.J., 1991.
"Bayesian Inference in Time Series,"
9153, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Steel, M.F.J., 1989.
"A Bayesian Analysis Of Simultaneous Equation Models By Combining Recursive Analytical And Numerical Approaches,"
8908, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Steel, Mark F. J., 1991. "A Bayesian analysis of simultaneous equation models by combining recursive analytical and numerical approaches," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1-2), pages 83-117.
- Steel, M.F.J., 1989. "A Bayesian analysis of simultaneous equation models by combining recursive analytical and numerical approaches," Discussion Paper 1989-8, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mirowski, Philip, 1995. "Three ways to think about testing in econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 25-46, May.
- Salvatore Modica, 2008. "Unawareness, priors and posteriors," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 81-94, November.
- Steel, M.F.J., 1989.
"Weak exogeneity in misspecified sequential models,"
1989-42, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- GORDON, Stephen & BÉLANGER, Gilles, 1995.
"Échantillonnage de Gibbs et autres applications économétriques des chaînes markoviennes,"
Cahiers de recherche
9509, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Gordon, Stephen & Bélanger, Gilles, 1996. "Échantillonnage de Gibbs et autres applications économétriques des chaînes markoviennes," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 72(1), pages 27-49, mars.
- Gordon, S. & Belanger, G., 1995. "Echantillonnage de Gibbs et autres application econometriques des chaines merkoviennes," Papers 9509, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- Osiewalski, Jacek & Steel, Mark F.J., . "Robust bayesian inference in empirical regression models," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/2814, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Brownstone, David, 2001. "Discrete Choice Modeling for Transportation," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt29v7d1pk, University of California Transportation Center.
- Peter C.B. Phillips, 1991. "The Long-Run Australian Consumption Function Reexamined: An Empirical Exercise in Bayesian Influence," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1000, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- John Geweke, 1999.
"Using simulation methods for bayesian econometric models: inference, development,and communication,"
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 1-73.
- John Geweke, 1998. "Using simulation methods for Bayesian econometric models: inference, development, and communication," Staff Report 249, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Hanrahan, Kevin F. & Westhoff, Patrick C. & Young, Robert E., II, 2001. "Trade Allocation Modeling: Comparing The Results From Armington And Locally Regular Ai Demand System Specifications Of A Uk Beef Import Demand Allocation Model," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20510, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Werner Ploberger, 1992. "Time Series Modeling with a Bayesian Frame of Reference: Concepts, Illustrations and Asymptotics," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1038, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.