Antitrust and Merger Policy: A Review and Critique
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal Journal of Economic Perspectives.
Volume (Year): 1 (1987)
Issue (Month): 2 (Fall)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ornaghi, Carmine, 2006. "Mergers and innovation: the case of the pharmaceutical industry," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 0605, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Joseph A. Clougherty, 2003. "Industry Trade-Balance and Domestic Merger Policy: Some Empirical Evidence from the U.S," CIG Working Papers SP II 2003-19, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Goppelsroeder, M. & Schinkel, M.P. & Tuinstra, J., 2006.
"Quantifying the Scope for Efficiency Defense in Merger Control: The Werden-Froeb-Index,"
CeNDEF Working Papers
06-09, Universiteit van Amsterdam, Center for Nonlinear Dynamics in Economics and Finance.
- Marie Goppelsroeder & Maarten Pieter Schinkel & Jan Tuinstra, 2006. "Quantifying the Scope for Efficiency Defense in Merger Control: The Werden-Froeb-Index," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-074/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Dirk Hackbarth & Jianjun Maio, 2007.
"The Dynamics of Mergers and Acquisitions in Oligopolistic Industries,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
WP2007-017, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Hackbarth, Dirk & Miao, Jianjun, 2012. "The dynamics of mergers and acquisitions in oligopolistic industries," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 585-609.
- Jianjun Miao & Dirk Hackbarth, 2011. "The dynamics of mergers and acquisitions in oligopolistic industries," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2011-029, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Jianjun Miao & Dirk Hackbarth, 2008.
"The Timing and Returns of Mergers and Acquisitions in Oligopolistic Industries,"
2008 Meeting Papers
12, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Dirk Hackbarth & Jianjun Miao, . "The Timing and Returns of Mergers and Acquisitions in Oligopolistic Industries," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series wp2008-022, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- John Lopatka, 2011. "Market Definition?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 69-93, August.
- Steven Heubeck & Donald J. Smythe & Jingang Zhao, 2006. "A Note on the Welfare Effects of Horizontal Mergers in Asymmetric Linear Oligopolies," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 7(1), pages 29-47, May.
- Cabral, Luis M. B., 2003.
"Horizontal mergers with free-entry: why cost efficiencies may be a weak defense and asset sales a poor remedy,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 607-623, May.
- Luis M. B. Cabral, 2001. "Horizontal Mergers With Free-Entry: Why Cost Efficiencies May Be a Weak Defense and Asset Sales a Poor Remedy," Working Papers 01-05, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Marcos Avalos & Rafael E. De Hoyos, 2008.
"An Empirical Analysis of Mexican Merger Policy,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 113-130, March.
- Ornaghi, Carmine, 2009. "Mergers and innovation in big pharma," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 70-79, January.
- Robert H Mcguckin, 1991. "Multiple Classification Systems For Economic Data: Can A Thousand Flowers Bloom? And Should They?," Working Papers 91-8, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- John H. Boyd & Stanley L. Graham, 1996. "Consolidation in U.S. banking: implications for efficiency and risk," Working Papers 572, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Joseph A. Clougherty, 2004. "Antitrust Holdup Source, Cross-National Institutional Variation, and Corporate Political Strategy Implications for Domestic Mergers in a Global Context," CIG Working Papers SP II 2004-09, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2006074 is not listed on IDEAS
- José J. Sempere Monerris & Rafael Moner Colonques & Amparo Urbano Salvador, 1999. "Strategic policy and international economic integration," Working Papers. Serie AD 1999-05, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Ghosal, Vivek, 1996. "Does uncertainty influence the number of firms in an industry?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 229-236, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.