Corrigenda: The Numerical Reliability of Econometric Software
AbstractCORRIGENDA Volume 37, June 1999 In "The Numerical Reliability of Econometric Software", by B. D. McCullough and H. D. Vinod, there are misprints in some equations on page 647 in the upper part of the left-hand column. The passage should read as follows: The normal equations are 6?^ + 61.5? ^ = 7.261 61.5?^ + 630.55? ^ = 74.5053 which yields a regression line of Y^ = ?3.478 + 0.457X. Suppose that the normal equations had been computed only to four significant digits as 6?^ + 61.5? ^ = 7.261 61.5?^ + 630.6? ^ = 74.50.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal Journal of Economic Literature.
Volume (Year): 37 (1999)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C87 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Econometric Software
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oluwarotimi O. Odeh & Allen M. Featherstone & Jason S. Bergtold, 2010. "Reliability of Statistical Software," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1472-1489.
- Enrique Sentana & Javier Mencía, 2008.
"Multivariate Location-Scale Mixtures Of Normals And Mean-Variance-Skwness Portfolio Allocation,"
- Mencía, Javier & Sentana, Enrique, 2009. "Multivariate location-scale mixtures of normals and mean-variance-skewness portfolio allocation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 153(2), pages 105-121, December.
- Javier Mencía & Enrique Sentana, 2009. "Multivariate location-scale mixtures of normals and mean-variance-skewness portfolio allocation," Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers 0909, Banco de Espa�a.
- A. Talha Yalta & A. Yasemin Yalta, 2010.
"Should Economists Use Open Source Software for Doing Research?,"
1007, TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Department of Economics.
- A. Yalta & A. Yalta, 2010. "Should Economists Use Open Source Software for Doing Research?," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 35(4), pages 371-394, April.
- A. Talha Yalta & A. Yasemin Yalta, 2012. "Should Economists Use Open Source Software for Doing Research?," Hacettepe University Department of Economics Working Papers 20127, Hacettepe University, Department of Economics.
- Vinod, H. D., 2001. "Care and feeding of reproducible econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 87-88, January.
- Reagle, Derrick P. & Vinod, H. D., 2003. "Inference for negativist theory using numerically computed rejection regions," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 491-512, March.
- McCullough, B. D., 2000. "Is it safe to assume that software is accurate?," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 349-357.
- Yalta, A. Talha & Jenal, Olaf, 2009.
"On the importance of verifying forecasting results,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 62-73.
- A. Talha Yalta & Olaf Jenal, 2008. "On the Importance of Verifying Forecasting Results," Working Papers 0804, TOBB University of Economics and Technology, Department of Economics.
- Liu, Yan & Luger, Richard, 2009. "Efficient estimation of copula-GARCH models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 2284-2297, April.
- Winker, Peter & Gilli, Manfred, 2004. "Applications of optimization heuristics to estimation and modelling problems," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 211-223, September.
- Yalta, A. Talha, 2008. "The accuracy of statistical distributions in MicrosoftÂ®Â Excel 2007," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(10), pages 4579-4586, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.