The Firm is Dead; Long Live the Firm: A Review of Oliver E. Williamson's The Economic Institutions of Capitalism
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal Journal of Economic Literature.
Volume (Year): 26 (1988)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Homann, Karl, 1995. "Gewinnmaximierung und Kooperation: Eine ordnungsethische Reflexion," Kiel Working Papers 691, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Camblanne, Lionel, 2013. "Family vision and cognition: An illustration through forest owners’ harvesting decisions," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 245-259.
- Jain, Amit, 2011. "Connaissance, ressources, concurrence et les frontières de l'entreprise," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/6403 edited by Thiétart, Raymond-Alain.
- Nick Davis, 2001. "Does Crown Financial Portfolio Composition Matter?," Treasury Working Paper Series 01/34, New Zealand Treasury.
- Dilger, Alexander & Frick, Bernd & Speckbacher, Gerhard, 1999. "Mitbestimmung als zentrale Frage der Corporate Governance," Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Diskussionspapiere 02/1999, Ernst Moritz Arndt University of Greifswald, Faculty of Law and Economics.
- Sukkoo Kim, 1998. "The Rise of Multiunit Firms in U.S. Manufacturing," NBER Working Papers 6425, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Szabó, Katalin & Négyesi, Áron, 2004.
"Az atipikus munka térnyerésének okai a tudásgazdaságban
[Reasons for the spread of atypical work in the knowledge economy]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(1), pages 46-65.
- Rodrigo Martins & Fernando Ribeiro Serra & AndrÃ© da Silva Leite & Manuel Portugal Ferreira & Dan Li, 2010. "Transactions Cost Theory influence in strategy research: A review through a bibliometric study in leading journals," Working Papers, globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria 61, globADVANTAGE, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
- Bonache Perez, Jaime & Pla-Barber, Jose, 2005. "When are international managers a cost effective solution? The rationale of transaction cost economics applied to staffing decisions in MNCs," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 58(10), pages 1320-1329, October.
- Barbel Held, 2013. "The Transformation of the Structures of Health Care - Opportunity of Growth," Equilibrium, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 8, pages 27-47.
- Roumasset, J., 1995.
"The nature of the agricultural firm,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 161-177, March.
- James A. Roumasset, 1993. "The Nature of the Agricultural Firm," Working Papers, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics 199317, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Department of Economics.
- Mehrdad Vahabi, 2011.
"Appropriation, violent enforcement, and transaction costs: a critical survey,"
Public Choice, Springer,
Springer, vol. 147(1), pages 227-253, April.
- Mehrdad Vahabi, 2011. "Appropriation, violent enforcement and transaction costs : a critical survey," Post-Print, HAL hal-00629109, HAL.
- Kalika, Michel & Laval, Florence & Guilloux, Véronique, 2000. "Internationalisation de la GRH : spécificité des actifs et relations inter-organisationnelles," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University 123456789/3423, Paris Dauphine University.
- Carolin Haeussler & Matthew J. Higgins, 2012. "Explaining Preferences for Control Rights in Strategic Alliances: A Property Rights and Capabilities Perspective Approach," NBER Working Papers 18364, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bianchi, Marina, 1995. "Markets and firms Transaction costs versus strategic innovation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 183-202, October.
- Sergio Torres & Rafael Guillermo García & John Jairo Quintero, 2007. "Costos de Transacción y Formas de Gobernación de los Servicios de Consulta en Colombia," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 44(130), pages 233-262.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.